Vette servo???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J-Will

#Merica
Reaction score
i would like to know how its set up on an 03 denali as well. i would like to do mine this weekend. i clicked on your link you provided, but it wants me to register with the site and it isnt takin my email address? oh well. either way if you could elaborate itd be appreciated :)

heftylefty58

Reaction score
i would like to know how its set up on an 03 denali as well. i would like to do mine this weekend. i clicked on your link you provided, but it wants me to register with the site and it isnt takin my email address? oh well. either way if you could elaborate itd be appreciated :)

I've uploaded a drawing of the heat shield for my YD:
http://i43.tinypic.com/16037mh.jpg

Other than the 2 bolts at the front of the heat shield, notice that there are two holes at the rear portion of the heat shield: Those 2 holes slip into exhaust hangers. If you check out the thread I posted, you'll see the challenge. Try creating a dummy email account with yahoo if you can register with your current email.

From what I hear, only the 6.0's with dual inlet mufflers have the shield that bolts to the exhaust (as well as the trans). The 5.3's have a smaller shield that only bolts to the trans.

Drgnblood

F%ck Douchebagistan!
Reaction score
So I got my servo yesterday and I have my case of RP. I called the transmission shop and they want $100 for the flush and $65 to do the servo.....WTF. I think I will do it myself, who has done it and how did it go?

i did it last weekend.....watched the video about 40 times just to have it kinda running through my head as i disassembled......easy as hell except its a small area to work in....once you get them all out clean the pieces that will be reused well and the ***** of it...is getting that spring and the fourth apply piston back in correctly...and then get it pushed back in throw all the pieces back in and when you get the cover back on i used the back end of a long flat head and applied pressure so i could get the snaplink back in....and here was my F up...i didnt ensure the snaplink was seated in the groove correctly....i pulled out of the driveway and drove down my street a few feet and it stayed in first....lost most of my tranny fluid and then the rest of it in my garage when i pushed back down my drive....double checked it...got it seated correctly and works great now....no tranny issues and a nice firm shift...just be careful and you should be fine....

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did it last weekend.....watched the video about 40 times just to have it kinda running through my head as i disassembled......easy as hell except its a small area to work in....once you get them all out clean the pieces that will be reused well and the ***** of it...is getting that spring and the fourth apply piston back in correctly...and then get it pushed back in throw all the pieces back in and when you get the cover back on i used the back end of a long flat head and applied pressure so i could get the snaplink back in....and here was my F up...i didnt ensure the snaplink was seated in the groove correctly....i pulled out of the driveway and drove down my street a few feet and it stayed in first....lost most of my tranny fluid and then the rest of it in my garage when i pushed back down my drive....double checked it...got it seated correctly and works great now....no tranny issues and a nice firm shift...just be careful and you should be fine....

its not so bad once u got it all figured out, i even brought my laptop outside with me when i did mine, lol

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Did the servo install this morning. Guys, this is a piece of cake. Biggst PITA is getting the snap ring back it(and not that hard) and getting the heat shield back on after driving arond and getting the cat hot. It took me a little over an hour and that's only because I was taking my my sweet as time so not to f-up. If I were to do it again i think it would take me 30 min or so now that I know what I am doing. If a shop quotes u more than $25-$30 punch them in the mouth.... This was a seriously easy job......

ELOOSECANNON

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just ordered my servo today. Can't wait to get it in and try it out.

How do you firm up the other shifts? With another servo along with the vette servo? If so how do they install?

Last edited:

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered my servo today. Can't wait to get it in and try it out.

How do you firm up the other shifts? With another servo along with the vette servo? If so how do they install?

i got a 4th gear billet servo to go with mine, u pretty much discard the last piece that goes in and the cover and replace it with your new billet piece which is a combination of the 4th gear and the cover

Drgnblood

F%ck Douchebagistan!
Reaction score
i got a 4th gear billet servo to go with mine, u pretty much discard the last piece that goes in and the cover and replace it with your new billet piece which is a combination of the 4th gear and the cover

is this the piece that you got from oregon??

SUPERIOR 700R4/4L60E BILLET SUPER SERVO 4TH APPLY PISTON AND COVER

and can anyone tell me about shift kits....i saw some on their site but i dont know if i should be getting into that....or they have the high performance tranny rebuild kits....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse

Latest posts