Vanquish vs. XenonDepot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DROCK84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I'm ready to upgrade to 55w HIDs. Looking into quality HID conversion kits I've stumbled upon these two companies who claim to have the best kits. Has anyone used either of their HID kits before? Any problems?

nick0789

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t have experience with either of the two you mentioned, but I have Morimoto HIDs (from theretrofitsource) and don’t have any complaints about them. My DEPO headlight’s wiggle is another story though.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t have experience with either of the two you mentioned, but I have Morimoto HIDs (from theretrofitsource) and don’t have any complaints about them. My DEPO headlight’s wiggle is another story though.

@nick0789
No info to OP on his question, but figured I'd answer this point. Ping pong balls wedged in between the lights and the radiator cross member/headlight brackets make a big difference. Some guys have zero wiggle with the Depos and some like you and I have wiggle. I have 2 balls each side and no more wiggle. Goofy I know, but there are a few postings out there about this. I switched the Depo brackets and OEM brackets which helped if you want to try that out as well, but had to swap back as the LED lights would not fit with the Depo brackets.

nick0789

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@nick0789
No info to OP on his question, but figured I'd answer this point. Ping pong balls wedged in between the lights and the radiator cross member/headlight brackets make a big difference. Some guys have zero wiggle with the Depos and some like you and I have wiggle. I have 2 balls each side and no more wiggle. Goofy I know, but there are a few postings out there about this. I switched the Depo brackets and OEM brackets which helped if you want to try that out as well, but had to swap back as the LED lights would not fit with the Depo brackets.

Thanks for the info, Michael! I've currently got another thread going about this issue along with the things I've tried to do in order to get rid of the wiggle (the ping pong ball being one of them). I think I may just be stuck with some wiggle, but what more can we ask for with <$150 headlights? lol

OP, if you'd like some night pictures of my Morimoto lamps in the DEPO headlights I'd be glad to do so!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been very happy with my LED products from xenondepot. Quality is excellent and their customer service is spot on! I had a lot of questions and they were very prompt with getting me answers. Can’t speak to their HIDs as I don’t have them. But from the perspective of quality and good products and good customer service, xenondepot is the way to go!

OP
OP
DROCK84

DROCK84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Michael! I've currently got another thread going about this issue along with the things I've tried to do in order to get rid of the wiggle (the ping pong ball being one of them). I think I may just be stuck with some wiggle, but what more can we ask for with <$150 headlights? lol

OP, if you'd like some night pictures of my Morimoto lamps in the DEPO headlights I'd be glad to do so!

Yes please! I'd greatly appreciate any info and pics I can get to help me make a confident decision.

I’ve been very happy with my LED products from xenondepot. Quality is excellent and their customer service is spot on! I had a lot of questions and they were very prompt with getting me answers. Can’t speak to their HIDs as I don’t have them. But from the perspective of quality and good products and good customer service, xenondepot is the way to go!

I appreciate the good words regarding xenondepot. They do seem to have high quality products which they stand behind. You've been very helpful.

xjsc16x

Reaction score

In for the pics

nick0789

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the delay, here are a couple quick shots I took the other night.

The shot of the headlight shows the color (4500K) of the 35W kit I got
The shot of the field shows the general spread and down-road view. I'm not sure if everyone else with DEPOs has the hot spots in the middle of the beams or not, but mine do.
The blurry shot of the headlights on the garage door [apparently] show how misaligned my lights are.
The shot across the road (I was stopped facing uphill) show a better spread.

These were all taken with my phone, which kept trying to auto focus every time I tried to take the picture, so I can try to get better ones later if needed.

HIDcolor.jpg field.jpg garage shot.jpg outside.jpg

PAChevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I'm ready to upgrade to 55w HIDs. Looking into quality HID conversion kits I've stumbled upon these two companies who claim to have the best kits. Has anyone used either of their HID kits before? Any problems?
I've had horrible customer service from Vanquish. Had a problem with a brand new hid kit. Called their number, goes to voicemail and they NEVER call back. Sent an email, no reply. Went on their chat ans was promised new bulbs were on the way. Never came, so I went through the same bs and was promised new bulbs are on the way. Never got them. 3 months later and they never fixed the problem ans won't answer emails or voicemail. NEVER BUY FROM VANQUISH!!!!!!!.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia