Vacuum line help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

knoslf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found it thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Hey xeqshnr I know this is old but did your heat work before you connected that vacuum line? And do you know what the line on top of the one you connected(to the piece on the firewall) goes to?

OP
OP
X

xeqshnr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My heat worked months before. I had just got with replacing the intake gaskets and it was the middle of summer so Idk if the heat worked before I reconnected that line. And I really dont know for sure what the other one is for, sorry

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Harry Hood

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just replaces this HVAC valve on my Tahoe and with the line connected my heat does not work.

With it disconnected it works perfect.

Anybody an idea of why this is?

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The vacuum line on the heater control valve connects to a solenoid on the firewall. From what I gather, when the solenoid is energized vacuum is applied to close the control valve, closing off coolant flow to the heater core. I've read that this is supposed to happen when the a/c is on, but I'm not seeing that on the wiring diagram. It looks like voltage is applied when the temperature dial is set to the cold detent (max) setting.

977FF592-78B5-43F0-9ED2-8B8D5B407F65_zpsaro0e83c.gif

Maybe someone else knows, but I'd look to see if you're getting 12V to that solenoid with the temp dial not set at the cold/max detent. If you are always getting voltage and energizing the solenoid, then the problem may be in the hvac control panel.

Also, with the temp dial not set in cold detent, unplug the solenoid (with vacuum line connected) and see if you get heat. That, to me, would indicate that the solenoid is bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157