Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all this talk about using Chevron gas, I set out yesterday to fill up at one. After driving all over major metro Baton Rouge, I realized that every station I remembered being a Chevron is now either a Shell or Exxon and one was a Marathon. I went to one that I stopped at no more than month ago and it was closed, barricaded off with yellow "CAUTION" tape and all. I was on fumes and mostly creeping through rush hour traffic so I was forced to stop at an Exxon. I put 3 gallons of 93 in it and continued on until I found a Texaco. Filled up with their 89 at $65 for 22.4 gallons. I contemplated getting 93, but I recall not hearing any detonation with 89 so I went with that. I avoid romping on it since that LH mount is trashed. I may end up replacing it even before I get the long tubes.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GAS Buddy App should show what brands are in your area. I cant get Chevron up here, but I do look for Sunoco.

I'll see if I can DL that app. I have such an old software version that I can't get most newer apps (and I'm NOT gonna update it). I went to Chevron's "Find a Station in Your Area" site. Apparently, it's WAY outdated.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not bad Randy for the amount of power under your foot!

I was at 15.2 and climbing until an emergency run and idling dropped it into the 12s the last few days. Got back up to 13 or so and that's it so far. At least its better than it used to be.

Ohh, I signed up for that Fuelly App. Most of the GMT900 5.3 SUVs average 14-15 mpg between fills. The VVTs get about 1 mpg better and the 2009s all seem to average in the 14s with @Teeroy78 and me with historical averages in the 11 mpg range. I reckon he's on E85 or has had issues like me. Fuelly asks but does not publish what brands and octane ratings we're running. I think that categorizing those would allow for even better accuracy and expose crummy gas for all to see. Anyhow, the others rarely saw 17 or 18, even on trips; there's nine 2009 Yukon XLs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris709