Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read that those fit on our trucks. Maybe someday I'll put those on when it comes time for an overhaul.

LMC is usually spot on, I'm wondering if they just call all gmt900s "1500 HD". The 99-06 1500 HD was definitely different but they domt make one 07-13 I don't think

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would find a nut that will either thread onto it or slip over it and weld it to it and then see if the heat cycling of the welding process wouldn't help to break it free.

@kbuskill

Yeah, that was my thinking too. However, I have no access to a welder and am not a welder but someone who can and do would make short work of it I'm sure. Threads are a little buggered up.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
@kbuskill

Yeah, that was my thinking too. However, I have no access to a welder and am not a welder but someone who can and do would make short work of it I'm sure. Threads are a little buggered up.

I don't have a welder either... but my local muffler shop does and they are pretty good about doing anything I need done.

Good guys, those guys.

Now I sound like Pete @Galante

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, we weren't out of gas but have some driving to do tonight so I went to the Chevron near the house and filled up. Man I cringed pulling the handle @ 3.66 a gallon for the good stuff. She only took on just about 21 galleons though.

The final result of that last tank was 14.9 mpg, hit 15.1 mpg a little while earlier then we hit traffic and the McDonald's drive through for a strawberry shake for my daughter. That knocked her back to 14.9 mpg in 298 miles. That's it for gasoline for a while, I only did this to test Chevron's 93 and get a data log on pump gas for BlackBear for an update since replacing the cats. E85 is $2.19 'round here still!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan