Upper Control Arms Moog or AC Delco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bzubke1

Reaction score
Went to get an alignment after putting on a ccm leveling kit and Bilstein 5100 struts and it looks like I need new front upper control arms. Looking at rockauto.com the ac delco and Moog are both $77 ea. I assume this is a situation where I'll be happy with either option but is there any reason why I should choose one over the other.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I just put the RCX on my truck and love them. Replaceable ball joint also.

OP
OP
B

bzubke1

Reaction score
I can swap out parts with the best of em but I don't have much knowledge when it comes to the suspension components and how they all work together. Could y'all explain what makes the RCX control arms the way to go? I assume with the 2.5" lift these would put the ball joint at a better angle for longer life. Are there any other benefits I'll get with the RCX over the stock replacement arms.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Helps correct the angle caused from the lift. I JUST put mine on a couple months ago but Im very pleased. Lots of guys on GMFS swear by them also, especially for the price.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep going through mooch upper control arms on my truck. Every time I put back on wheels for the summer the ball joint goes and at full lock I get that loud binding pop. Changed them out three times already.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep going through mooch upper control arms on my truck. Every time I put back on wheels for the summer the ball joint goes and at full lock I get that loud binding pop. Changed them out three times already.

WOW. What's the deal?

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Moog on all my customers vehicles. That being said I bought Delco lowers for my truck and after installing them I wasn't able to grease one of them. I don't know if they weren't drilled all the through or what but now I have to change one again.

So Moog for OE replacement or the RCX look good but who knows what brand the ball joints are.

OP
OP
B

bzubke1

Reaction score
so after reading on the rough country website it says not to use their arms unless you have at least 3.5" of lift. Being I have only 2.5" I guess that leads me back to going with moog or ac delco. Seems the moog have slightly better reviews on Amazon. This is my second Yukon with the ccm level kit. The first had the stock arms and I had no issues. Not sure what to do now but I'm leaning toward moog. I don't use the truck very hard, maybe 1 or 2 camping trips a year that it sees any offroad time. My main priority is not to have to change these control arms again for at least a couple years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bb115