Upgraded to GM HDD navigation radio but there's problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bo is the man. I forget his screen name. It's blckonblck I believe.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

97twodr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I've done a lot of research online before the swap - I have a 2008 Tahoe LTZ that had factory navigation, and I installed a HDD nav radio from a 2012 Yukon in it using the adapter harness. The radio is properly configured to the truck, everything works great. Except...
For some reason, the radio will NOT turn on unless the engine is actually running. If you turn the key to accessory, nothing. Run.. nothing. Start the engine? Radio comes on. Turn the engine back off one key position? Radio is back off.

I'm having this exact same issue with the installation of HDD nav in my 2008 Sierra Denali. Did you ever get this issue resolved?

Thanks,
CJ

Luie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just pulled out a 2007-2010 Nav radio out of my LMM and installed a newer 2012-1014 hard drive factory radio. Works great. Used the BT Diesel Works AutoSync to unvin lock it. Gonna put the one I pulled out in the wife 08 Tahoe unless I can find another HD radio.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Found this older thread on adding the 12-14 hard drive (HDD) Navi into an 07-14 NNBS.

It shows there is a flaw in the harness for the RSE on some 07/08 trucks. The commonality may be the OnStar modules. In 09 they added BT. Now that O/S is totally disconnected BT can be added to any 07/08 truck by swapping in a 09-14 o/s module.

If someone is having the issues with the features on the HDD install on an 07/08 truck, try swapping to an 09> o/s module.

For Esky owners there’s also a HD version Navi for 12-14. It uses an unlocked SD card for its hard drive. No additional harnesses are needed to upgrade and it is a plug n play swap with an AutoSync to recode the unit on the spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts