Upgrade/Options to RCX Lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My lift update thread

Ok, so yesterday I went ahead and ordered the 18x9" Eagle 63 Series in the Machined finish.

http://aewheel.com/eagle_alloy_wheels.cfm?id=25#

Also 35x12.50R18 Toyo M/T's... was gonna go with Nitto Trail Grapplers but the Toyos were on sale so I went with them.

Next week im ordering the Rough Country 6" lift for my 04 Z71 Tahoe.
http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_00-06_tahoe-6.html
It has options to order the steering stabilizer and kicker braces. Im definitely gonna order the steering stabilizer but my question is what exactly do the kicker braces do?

On the site it says they are "highly recommended for aggressive off-road use".. Im not sure if im considered "aggressive" when I go trail riding or on the ranch in the mud. Are there any benefits to having them even if you don't off-road as often or aren't very "aggressive"?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

IMAG0021.jpg

Ok here she is guys! 6" taller! only 1 pic for now, had to do quite a bit of trimming to clear the tires so ran out of daylight for more pics. Ill have her washed this weekend and WILL add more pics!!!

IMAG0091.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Arctic-Rodz

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get ya... anyone else have any input on the function or advantages of having the kicker braces?

Expect pics of my set up as soon as its installed!!! (should be in a couple of weeks when everything comes in)

OP
OP
Arctic-Rodz

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyos are in... :D cant wait till the wheels come in so i can take some pics of them side by side.

Lift should be ordered by thursday, when it arrives it will be installed... hopefully by next weekend :crosses fingers:

OP
OP
Arctic-Rodz

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tires and wheels are in!

Toyo M/T
IMAG0081.jpg

Eagle 63 Series 18x9"
IMAG0080.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

So heres the deal...

I bought this 04 Z71 Tahoe on January 24th 2011 as my new project.

So far the mods are:

K&N Intake
Borla Exhaust
HP tune
Tinted all windows
JVC CD player w/ipod hook up
Excalibur remote start alarm

and now, the 6" RCX lift is on its way and the tires and wheels are already in! cant wait to see the finished product!

Next will be some after market headlights/bumper lights, HID lights and LED tails!

skooli

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm extremely anxious to see your finished product. I'm planning on the same set up for mine. Keep us posted!

OP
OP
Arctic-Rodz

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe is in the shop getting the lift installed! Should be ready by Thursday :D

bowhuntinhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That thing is going to be sick! Can't wait to see it. Better get pics up quick!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevymec