Upgrade for stock headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRMC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I neeed to upgrade my stack headlight to something brighter. Any suggestions for LED or Halogen replacement bulbs. Thanks

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I neeed to upgrade my stack headlight to something brighter. Any suggestions for LED or Halogen replacement bulbs. Thanks
Make/model/year? We have 4 different headlight designs in this generation of truck. Help us help you. Also, there are lots of threads on this here already.

Last edited:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
14 Denali he has. The absolute best upgrade for a Yuke is …

It’s one of the best leaps in lightning technology even by new car standards. It’s like going from a 6V lantern battery flashlight to sharks with laser beam headlamps.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have GTR Ultra 2 LED headlights, and I am quite happy with them. They are on the expensive side, but they are guaranteed for life.

If you go the LED route, don't cheap out on the purchase. You get what you pay for, at best.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Nowadays $1.7k is the new equivalent to what a new set of rims & tires would cost in 09.

Consider that the 09-14 German made Esky Platinum led headlamps are almost $4.5k to slip into with their needed special harness, used, at that. For $1.7k and 2-3x the performance of the Platinum leds, it’s a *****’n bargain.

71A25B56-99BC-43FA-9686-C4EC2310BC8A.jpeg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought new factory lamps and they came with new factory bulbs. Three years later and I still get flashed, kids think I have yellow LEDs. Huge improvement over worn out lenses and aftermarket bulbs. Plus, I still have the GMC logo!

Attachments

• 20230203_105322.jpg
    20230203_105322.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 9

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would exercise caution. I change the lights on my Tahoe to something brighter. People were constantly flashing their bright lights at me. My "bright" lights were not turned on. I was even stopped by the police one time. I went back to the factory lights. It just wasn't worth the hassle's.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would exercise caution. I change the lights on my Tahoe to something brighter. People were constantly flashing their bright lights at me. My "bright" lights were not turned on. I was even stopped by the police one time. I went back to the factory lights. It just wasn't worth the hassle's.

cut off and aim is everything with aftermarket lights. usually the more money you spend on name brand lights have better sharper cut off and won't blind on-coming drivers.. of course givin you can actually turn 2 screws slightly to adjust them to the correct height lol.

which sounds like a joke, but it's amazing how many people can't or aren't willing to adjust their headlights and just get mad when you bring it up lol.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Morimoto XB hybrids + diode dynamics SS3 max
if you have around $1700 burning a hole in your pocket
View attachment 418438

this is the setup for this Gen yukon.

I like my bi-led fogs, but if I had to do it again I wouldn't waste time building brackets and just got the diode dynamics fogs. probably a good thing to start with over replacing the headlights alone if you like the looks of the stock lights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts