Upgrade Decisions...HELP???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d1boy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My birthday is coming up and my wife is willing to buy me the new responding system for remote start, I'm currently using the factory remote start system. I'm thinking about the factory upgrade with the new display or going with the viper 5901. So, tell me what you guy's think or what would you do?
:confused:

tool2269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My birthday is coming up and my wife is willing to buy me the new responding system for remote start, I'm currently using the factory remote start system. I'm thinking about the factory upgrade with the new display or going with the viper 5901. So, tell me what you guy's think or what would you do?
:confused:

i havent seen the factory upgrade, but i love my 5901 (and proximity sensor). plus you cant beat the remote's one mile range

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
I would probably go with the factory upgrade. You would have less chance of problems that way, at least I would think.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
I went with the factory 2 way and it was 350 installed, Only got one remote and the battery has to be changed every 3 months. Get the Viper. I wish I did.

tool2269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes the Viper comes with two remotes, one has a LCD screen. the LCD remote is re-charged via the USB plug. the only thing it doesnt do (or i havent figure out) is how to open just the liftgate glass via remote. you can open the whole door via remote but not the glass.

Last edited:

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes the Viper comes with two remotes, one has a LCD screen. both are re-charged via the USB plug. the only thing it doesnt do (or i havent figure out) is how to open just the liftgate glass via remote. you can open the whole door via remote but not the glass.

It's all in the way the alrm is installed. It can be interfaced to release the glass portion only or the entire liftgate.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
Yea with my 2 way the power rear does not work anymore. But it works just fine with the stock ones.

sdgd711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with a Viper. You will get a better range out of it than you would the factory. You can also add all kinds of extra features such as window modules, glass and liftgate release, headlight/reverse light trigger, etc.

OP
OP
D

d1boy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow, Thanks for the feedback guys looks like there may be a viper in my future, that's what I installed on my wife's Armada and she loves it. Choices,choices,choices....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittyboop0510