Wheel upgrade, SuburbaLade Stretched

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuburbaladeLimo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all. Thanks in advance here. I have a 2007 super stretched surburban 2500 HD. It has the Escalde conversion on it done by Classic Coach. Currently running 18’s with a LT275/65R18 tire, which puts it at a 32” total tire diameter.

it’s a stock suspension but I am going to put a leveling kit on it because across the 30+ length, it still looks nose down.

Now, this is going to be a snowmobile rig. Only really used in the winter to get from a to b in comfort on the 6 hour ride up north.

The stretched chassis did not come 4 WD, thus need a great tire that will handle 5 hours on the highway and 1 hour of climbing in the snow.

I am looking to upgrade to 20” wheels and run LT275/65R20 Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure w/Kevlar on them. Bringing the total diameter to around 34” flat.

Any issues anyone has had with 34”?

What should I run for an off set, 0 or 18mm? Pretty sure factory wheels were 20mm?

what leveling kits do you recommend?

Any further thoughts on the set up? Concerns on snow traction? I am considering making it full time AWD but not this season.

Thank you again.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Thanks in advance here. I have a 2007 super stretched surburban 2500 HD. It has the Escalde conversion on it done by Classic Coach. Currently running 18’s with a LT275/65R18 tire, which puts it at a 32” total tire diameter.

it’s a stock suspension but I am going to put a leveling kit on it because across the 30+ length, it still looks nose down.

Now, this is going to be a snowmobile rig. Only really used in the winter to get from a to b in comfort on the 6 hour ride up north.

The stretched chassis did not come 4 WD, thus need a great tire that will handle 5 hours on the highway and 1 hour of climbing in the snow.

I am looking to upgrade to 20” wheels and run LT275/65R20 Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure w/Kevlar on them. Bringing the total diameter to around 34” flat.

What should I run for an off set, 0 or 18mm? Pretty sure factory wheels were 20mm?

Any further thoughts on the set up? Concerns on snow traction? I am considering making it full time AWD but not this season.

Thank you again.
might want to post some pictures, the nnbs 2500's still used a torsion bar just like the 00-06's
in which case you would probably want to use key's and messing with it can make it handle poorly if not done correctly

OP
OP
S

SuburbaladeLimo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
might want to post some pictures, the nnbs 2500's still used a torsion bar just like the 00-06's
in which case you would probably want to use key's and messing with it can make it handle poorly if not done correctly

Thank you again.
70112911208__4DFAE15D-2B03-44D9-9F54-E0A6C7886514.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice, but I meant the suspension part, you stated it is stock so just confirming it has torsion bars up front still? or has it been converted to struts?
asking because no telling what was done during the conversion. I have only seen a couple of these driving on the road.

OP
OP
S

SuburbaladeLimo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
nice, but I meant the suspension part, you stated it is stock so just confirming it has torsion bars up front still? or has it been converted to struts?
asking because no telling what was done during the conversion. I have only seen a couple of these driving on the road.
Thought that might be what you’re asking but she is in paint. Going two tone black and white. Had another doner Escalade with a blown 6.2, so I swapped the nose and rear. I’ve been under it. 100 % stock, except the stretch.

I would upgrade anything that makes sense.

The interior is in perfect condition, but it is what you would expect.

Attachments

• IMG_3603.jpeg
    IMG_3603.jpeg
    485 KB · Views: 3

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it has torsion bars you should be able to crank them up a bit without having to buy anything else.

If you want to fit 34 inch tires you will need at least 4 inches of lift depending on which wheels you go with.

This thing is a monster lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts