[Update 8/23] 04 Suburban 1500 - SOLD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Sounds great . Can't wait for the finish line on this build.
I say just glue a piece of abs plastic in place of that heated seat switch. Can add a design there or even some small 1" dome tweeters

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds great . Can't wait for the finish line on this build.
I say just glue a piece of abs plastic in place of that heated seat switch. Can add a design there or even some small 1" dome tweeters

I'm just gonna find the actual heated seat button. Then it'll look as OEM as possible, and I'll wait and see how many of my friends can't figure out why their heated seats don't work xd

Got the rear doors done tonight, but as usual, too late to test anything.

IMG_0903.JPG
IMG_0915.JPG

Tomorrow is an all day beach day with friends and family, so it'll probably be a few days before any more updates.

Copped a used 320A alt the other day.

IMG_0904.JPG
IMG_0905.JPG

Blue alt, red intake. Gonna be a whole bunch of America in my engine compartment:D

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_0975.JPG
IMG_0976.JPG

Haha you'e that friend. I 've trolling my friends too.
"Hey man your heated seat doesn't work"
"Dood you broke it"!!!

and now we wait, hehe.

too bad winter is like 6 months away

finally got a little video of the doors playing on just head unit power.

didn't seem that loud in person, so I cut it short, but in the video they seem okay

also thinking about getting another layer of 20% tint on top of my 5% on the front windows, because in certain lighting you can see through the window

IMG_0870.JPG

it's been like 95 with rain and awful humidity lately, but the next few days should be 70 degrees and dry so hopefully I can start working on some wiring

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Managed to do about 80% of my wiring today. I had many mistakes along the way that slowed down the process.

1) I wired all 20 of my door speakers incorrectly, so instead of 4 ohm loads on the front doors and 2.67 on the rear, I was reading like 0.7 on the DMM. Had to remove about half the speakers to fix it.

2) Pioneer Head Units have a blue striped wire called a "remote relay switch", which I read could be used as a 12v switchable to run to amps, but for some reason mine didn't work. So I had already put the dash back together and had to pull it apart.

So far I just did one run of 2/0 under the vehicle and popped up behind the 2nd row.

IMG_1002.JPG

I'll probably need a 2nd run down the line, but I REALLY REALLY wanted to get my door speakers on some real power XD

Here's some pictures of my wiring mess

IMG_1006.JPG
IMG_1007.JPG

I had to run a total of 8 sets of wires:

1) Voltmeter (3 wires, one to 12v switchable, then a positive and negative to my rear amp)
2) Backup camera (4 wires, power, ground, 12v switchable, and one wire to the head unit itself)
3) Positive / Negative wire for 20 speakers @ 1.14 ohm load
4) Positive / Negative wires for left pillar @ 2 ohms
5) Positive / Negative wires for right pillar @ 2 ohms
6) Highs RCA
7) Mids RCA
8) USB wire from head unit to under the glovebox

I took all of them through the trim pieces on the right side of the vehicle, like I did in the Tahoe. Didn't take pictures though.

Someday I'll have to go back in and add the 3rd RCA for subwoofer.

And then right as it was getting dark I had my temporary test bench setup!

IMG_1011.JPG

Always keep a fire extinguisher in these cars, especially when running Brazilian amps, since I've personally had 3 of them set on fire during use.

Got to play like 30 seconds of one song and man these doors are loud.

Tomorrow I'll run the wires for my A-Pillars, make some mounts for the amps, clean up my wire mess, setup my backup camera, etc.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It didn't occur to me that some people haven't followed the Tahoe build, or that all the stuff I know about these vehicles might not be known by others, so I haven't really taken any time for descriptions of pictures of the intermediary processes.

That being said, if anyone wants help or has questions about what I've done, feel free to post or shoot me a message!

Our family has tons of these vehicles and most of the stuff I've done on multiple of them.

IMG_1022.JPG
IMG_1023.JPG

1 Taramps DSP 3000 for the 20 door speakers @ 1.14 ohms
1 Taramps 400x4 channel for the 8 pillar speakers @ 4 ohms bridged

Wire management never has been and probably never will be my forte, plus I'll always have those little flaps covering it all.

This Suburban is SOOOO much better than the Tahoe for hiding amps.

Because of the long-body style and the seat brackets being one solid piece of even ground (as opposed to the Tahoe seats, which straddle from one level to another) there's plenty of room for amps to sit, and the seats to fold down completely.

I used to hate having my amps under the seat in the Tahoe, because it meant the seats never fully folded down, and even at their best folded position, the seats pushed down ******* the amps.

In this vehicle, no matter what position the seats are, none of the amps get touched.

One fuse block right there by the amps, and one by the battery up front.

IMG_1039.JPG

Backup camera installed, same location as before, with wires ran up under the trim of the right side of the vehicle.

IMG_1026.JPG
IMG_1028.JPG

Voltmeter installed as well. Stock alt and no 3 big wire upgrade, so voltage sucks xd

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And since I've never really taken some pictures of the Pillars, here they are.

Custom fiberglass with 8 total 3" full range speakers. (Tang Band W3-1364SA 3" Bamboo Cone Driver)

IMG_0979.JPG
IMG_0980.JPG
IMG_1040.JPG

They are fantastic for sound quality! Definitely my favorite part about the setup currently.

And what everyone has been waiting for - videos!

R&B -

Rock -

EDM -

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
And since I've never really taken some pictures of the Pillars, here they are.

Custom fiberglass with 8 total 3" full range speakers. (Tang Band W3-1364SA 3" Bamboo Cone Driver)

View attachment 200724
View attachment 200725
View attachment 200726

They are fantastic for sound quality! Definitely my favorite part about the setup currently.

And what everyone has been waiting for - videos!

R&B -

Rock -

EDM -
Sounds amazing in the videos, I cam't even imagine in person. Great job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willabea