[Update 8/23] 04 Suburban 1500 - SOLD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Anyways, quite a lot has happened with this truck in the last 24H!

It started out with installing a new Idler Pulley.

Here's a crappy little Windows Movie Maker Video I put together if anyone cares about it lol

then, I had initially told myself I wouldn't do audio in this vehicle, and I was gonna keep it small.....

but some stuff popped up that I couldn't pass up!

so, I took the new suburban on her first real maiden voyage, 800 some miles round trip from Grand Rapids, Michigan to Lewisport Kentucky.

View attachment 199537

I learned and reinforced some ideas about the truck

1) My speedometer randomly decides to work or not
2) My driver side, 2nd row window no longer rolls down
3) My A/C stopped working
4) My rear doors were filled with water

View attachment 199541

but I made the trip, about 7 hours each way, and picked up some goodies

View attachment 199538
View attachment 199540

Custom doors that'll hold 20 of the American Bass 8" Neo Speakers, 3 American Bass 4 channels, and 6 American Bass mono-blocks.

Also not pictured are some A-Pillars that each hold 4 full-range 4" speakers.

Shortly after that I ordered 200 square feet of deadener, so I should have quite a few projects with this truck moving forward:D
How were the other gauges on the cluster? Might just need a stepper motor, or just in case, a full rebuilt cluster. Have power going to the window regulator? They're easy to replace, and not very expensive. Better for the window to be stuck closed then open. You might just have dirt/debris in the rear door that just clogged the drain hole. Easy enough to clean out with something. Your video isn't showing.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How were the other gauges on the cluster? Might just need a stepper motor, or just in case, a full rebuilt cluster. Have power going to the window regulator? They're easy to replace, and not very expensive. Better for the window to be stuck closed then open. You might just have dirt/debris in the rear door that just clogged the drain hole. Easy enough to clean out with something. Your video isn't showing.

All the other gauges seem to work fine, I believe it's just a stepper motor.

Eventually I'll get around to it.

Haven't really diagnosed the window problem to see if it's a switch issue or motor. Either way, I've replaced those in the past too.

The nice thing about these Chevy's, is that between myself and my dad we can pretty much take care of any issue known to man with them :p

I don't know why the video isn't working, I see it fine on my end

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my head unit in, exhaust on, and started painting the Z71 rack.

Head Unit install was a breeze in these '04 - '06 vehicles, cus they actually are meant for double dins.

IMG_0799.JPG

Look at all that room, and how neat and tidy the OEM wires are!

Still had to dremel out some of the back area though to fit my big ass head unit, but it was much easier than removing an entire bracing piece like I had to do in the Tahoe.

IMG_0800.JPG

Used a $20 double din kit that came with a harness so I just had to wire nut some stuff.

IMG_0803.JPG

Nice and clean ;)

IMG_0802.JPG

The junkyard rack was pretty weathered, so I hit it with the ole rustoleum paint + primer combo.

it started raining before I finished, so I don't have a good after picture yet. should hopefully have it installed today

here was a good candid picture of the truck last night at my friend's house

IMG_0807.JPG

I'll try to get some exhaust videos soon.

Had the Flowmaster Delta 50 on my Tahoe, and went with the more aggressive 40 series for this truck, and I LOVE it.

A nice little growl during initial acceleration, very aggressive during WOT, but almost non-noticeable at 1800 RPM @ 55 MPH.

haven't really driven on the highway yet, but I'm about to make a 6 hour round trip to Ohio to sell my old door panels, so I'll see if there's a highway drone or not.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Got my head unit in, exhaust on, and started painting the Z71 rack.

Head Unit install was a breeze in these '04 - '06 vehicles, cus they actually are meant for double dins.

View attachment 199741

Look at all that room, and how neat and tidy the OEM wires are!

Still had to dremel out some of the back area though to fit my big ass head unit, but it was much easier than removing an entire bracing piece like I had to do in the Tahoe.

View attachment 199742

Used a $20 double din kit that came with a harness so I just had to wire nut some stuff.

View attachment 199744

Nice and clean ;)

View attachment 199746

The junkyard rack was pretty weathered, so I hit it with the ole rustoleum paint + primer combo.

it started raining before I finished, so I don't have a good after picture yet. should hopefully have it installed today

here was a good candid picture of the truck last night at my friend's house

View attachment 199745

I'll try to get some exhaust videos soon.

Had the Flowmaster Delta 50 on my Tahoe, and went with the more aggressive 40 series for this truck, and I LOVE it.

A nice little growl during initial acceleration, very aggressive during WOT, but almost non-noticeable at 1800 RPM @ 55 MPH.

haven't really driven on the highway yet, but I'm about to make a 6 hour round trip to Ohio to sell my old door panels, so I'll see if there's a highway drone or not.
Love your road trips. On my 03 I had to remove that steel brace to fit my DD. What a ***** that was. Sharp metal too.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love your road trips. On my 03 I had to remove that steel brace to fit my DD. What a ***** that was. Sharp metal too.

Haha yep. Put 2,600 miles on the vehicle since I got it 2 weeks ago.

Might be driving to Indiana tomorrow to buy a squarebody Tahoe walled with 8 15s...

if that falls through, I might go to Missouri to buy some other stuff :cool:

it's nice having a reliable vehicle that I can just take anywhere, plus enough room that I can just pull off in rest areas and sleep in the back

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Damn those door panels are beast!!

Where you buy your sound deadener at ?

Look up posi-lock connectors for your next head unit install. Those twist taps scare me.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn those door panels are beast!!

Where you buy your sound deadener at ?

Look up posi-lock connectors for your next head unit install. Those twist taps scare me.

I dropped like $500 on Second Skin Damplifier (B-Stock) as it's what I've always used.

Talking with other people though, this Noico 80Mil from Amazon looks just about the same thing, for like 30% or more cheaper (not good at math)

https://www.amazon.com/Noico-deaden...64789&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=noico+80mil&psc=1

Never heard of Posi-Lock before, but just bought a bunch ;) I gotta tear back into the head unit soon anyways to hook up the new doors and pillars

I haven't had any issues with the wire nuts in the past, but I know a lot of people dislike them
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Got my Z71 rack on today ;) LOOOVVEEE the look. Easily my favorite cosmetic mod after tint.

IMG_0832.JPG
IMG_0833.JPG
IMG_0836.JPG
IMG_0837.JPG

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally cleaned out the garage enough to be able to fit my vehicle in between both stalls so I could start deadening.

Started with about 280 square feet, so far I spent about 5 hours and have one door done.

IMG_0871.JPG
IMG_0874.JPG
IMG_0875.JPG
IMG_0877.JPG

I have to make a run to the junkyard and find two of those heated seat switches, since these door panels have the placement for them, but my vehicle doesn't actually have heated seats.

The doors also required some cutting of metal in the window area, and some screws to be drilled in which took a bit of time.

I am SUPER impressed with how loud and clear these mids are for being on just head unit power (7w RMS per speaker).

To think, this is only 2 speakers out of 20!

And they'll also be on like 5x more power atleast by the time we're done...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE