Vette servo???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SS71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got the Superior Transmission super servo set, both 2nd gear and 4th gear apply with the cover. It was the best $110 part I've installed, took the laptop to it and turned the pressures down at part throttle so that 1-2 doesn't slam around town. But on WOT the belt screeches and the tires chirp on the 1-2 then the belt screeches again on the 2-3. Makes the vette servo look squishy. There is positive up and downshifting to all gears. Can't say enough good about it.

SFBerto415

Reaction score
I like the smooth shifts in my 'Kon...but yeah they are slooooow shifts. What do you guys mean when you say "Firmer Shifts" Does it get me to go 0-60mph faster?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the smooth shifts in my 'Kon...but yeah they are slooooow shifts. What do you guys mean when you say "Firmer Shifts" Does it get me to go 0-60mph faster?
the smooth shift you refer to, is actually slippage...slippage is heat on clutch packs, which is bad for tranny.
Firm, firms up the speed and intensity of the shift, less slippage.

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i have a question that can hopefully be answered today

i have a sonnax 4th gear super hold servo that says it can be installed with the corvette servo

it says to change the servo pin or grind the tip of it to achieve desired pin travel
"typically .125" "

do i seriously, literally put on it on my grinder until its an 1/8 of an inch shorter? that just scares me

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
doesnt the vette servo only firm up the 1-2 shift... IIRC it doesnt do a thing for the 2-3 or 3-4 shifts.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
If I Remember Correctly... lol

i didnt see withac's post, i had only read to the bottom of page 1... i always forget to check the next page before i post... oops

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

the reason i asked is because, and correct me if i am wrong here people... but i think that video is for the wrong servo... am i right?

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you mean the vid that chris posted, thats just how to disassemble the whole thing

im not sure how it could be for the wrong servo though

Fyrcaptain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like everyone is using an aftermarket vette servo part.....is it cheaper than the OEM vette servo?

Built the same or better?

Thanks

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered one.

Boy, am I glad I joined this forum. I haven't dropped this much money on my truck in a week in a long time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo