Underhood light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 04 Escalade has no under hood light I'd like to wire up an LED or LED's has anyone done this? If so what did you use and where did you wire it in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 04 Escalade has no under hood light I'd like to wire up an LED or LED's has anyone done this? If so what did you use and where did you wire it in?

I got a replacement under hood light for my 2000 Yukon XL here on Amazon.
It will just snap in place, and you can put your preferred festoon LED in there.
Then all you would need to do is go to your local salvage yard and get the wiring harness of a truck there.
All it needs is ground and 12 volt power, and it looks like mine connects in somewhere on the main wiring harness, but you could always connect it into one of the circuits in the fuse block.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a replacement under hood light for my 2000 Yukon XL here on Amazon.
It will just snap in place, and you can put your preferred festoon LED in there.
Then all you would need to do is go to your local salvage yard and get the wiring harness of a truck there.
All it needs is ground and 12 volt power, and it looks like mine connects in somewhere on the main wiring harness, but you could always connect it into one of the circuits in the fuse block.

What years did these have the under hood lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 06 LS does not have it, but the 02 Silverado I got the HD hood off of did. Damn if I didn't grab it then though....grrr..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645