Underhood light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 06 LS does not have it, but the 02 Silverado I got the HD hood off of did. Damn if I didn't grab it then though....grrr..
Should be easy to add it.
Get the new part (It is $20 prime, for new GM part on amazon right now), go to the salvage yard and get the wires off a truck there, attach to power and ground, and you are set. :)

Driveway Warrior

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep. My '99 had the automatic under-hood light. Strangely, the on/off switch is integral to the light itself. The bracket just recently rusted off, so I am debating the best way to replace it. I really like that LED strip set-up! Really nice looking! Does this use an automatic or manual 'on/off' switch?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. My '99 had the automatic under-hood light. Strangely, the on/off switch is integral to the light itself. The bracket just recently rusted off, so I am debating the best way to replace it. I really like that LED strip set-up! Really nice looking! Does this use an automatic or manual 'on/off' switch?
I wired mine into the factory light that comes on automatically.