Uh oh, bad news bears :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pardon my newbiness, but what exactly will those new fuel injectors help? Or how are they different over the old ones?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
better design the old type had issues with uneven spray pattern or clogging or leaking. People have had good results with the new design claiming smoother idle or better mileage.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

while all injector do this eventually this was happening at an accelerated rate that gm extended the warranty on them.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you bought it without a warranty.
The chances of them working with you is going to be slim to none. If they do, it would be a grace from g-d. BUT and I mean a big BUT, I would'n want them to do the work anyway, considering they sold you a truck that needed work in the first place. The work that would get done by them would be hacked more than likely. I wouldnt trust them.

The new injection systems are actually injectors, not poppets. They flow better and are more efficient. Well worth the investment.

If you have basic mechanical skills, the intake gaskets and new injection installation is a breeze.

OP
OP
K

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there enough clearance in the engine bay to do all this work without lifting the engine out? Is there enough clearance at the back end of the motor and the firewall?

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figure out what's wrong, fix it and be done with it. You bought a used 90's SUV. Of course there will be things wrong with it. It won't pay trying to make some Joe Blow dealer to pay for it.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Is there enough clearance in the engine bay to do all this work without lifting the engine out? Is there enough clearance at the back end of the motor and the firewall?

the hardest part will be getting the distributor aligned afterwards. there is enough room.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BBB is a joke.

Sorry about your problems. :(

Actually I got royally ****** by PayPal one time and BBB got my money back. Then I had some bunk charges by a local bank that refused to refund the money after I spoke to them for hours on the phone. I filed a complaint with BBB and shortly after I got a call from the bank and they said they spoke to BBB and they returned every cent that I requested. Soooo yea I kinda love BBB :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA