Bad o2 or bad cat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can the tune safely be turned off / turned on, to shake down things from an unaltered stand point?

If you had a battery lead off the first thing I’d do is reboot or discover how to reload the tune from a blank slate. If your BCM was pissed off about the momentary voltage loss it may have sent it over the edge or corrupted a file.
What exactly are you saying?
I should upload the stock tune back on the escalade? Ans then re install the blackbear tune?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another video parked and rpms at 1k and increasing to 1500.

Your other videos didn't show it adding that much fuel at idle (was 5% or so IIRC). But the high positive trims (+12 now) at idle go down with RPM (from what I can tell) and that indicates a vacuum leak. Not a big one, but one that affects the trims.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say wait to hear back from black bear. their data log should have much more info in it and they can see if it's what they are used to seeing.

I kown you've had it looked at, but my curiosity would be, go find where that battery cable runs, I don't have a truck like yours, so I don't know if that's like all the way from battery to starter or something else. but I'd click the key on, turn on a bunch of stuff to get a good battery. get a meter, set to DC voltage, put on lead on end of the cable, and the other on the other end. you should have next to no voltage drop across it. like 0.2 or so at most. if it's a half volt or more, I'd suspect it's a bad connection somewhere.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Yes, a reboot from baseline to BB tune, emphasis on if BB advises that after all else checks out.

Keep it simple and work backwards from the changes made prior to when all was good. Fingers crossed you find a voltage issue on the new cable with a/c, lights, seat heaters & wipers on.

Did you change both +\~ cables?

What prompted you to change the battery cable?

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, a reboot from baseline to BB tune, emphasis on if BB advises that after all else checks out.

Keep it simple and work backwards from the changes made prior to when all was good. Fingers crossed you find a voltage issue on the new cable with a/c, lights, seat heaters & wipers on.

Did you change both +\~ cables?

What prompted you to change the battery cable?
Reason why i changed the cable was just because i changed all ground cables when i 1st bought the truck. They looked all pretty corroded. Never got around to chsnging the positive one. Thats the reason why I canged it.

I will wait for black Bear to get back to me with the data they requested.

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your other videos didn't show it adding that much fuel at idle (was 5% or so IIRC). But the high positive trims (+12 now) at idle go down with RPM (from what I can tell) and that indicates a vacuum leak. Not a big one, but one that affects the trims.
I also want to say that there was alot of popping when i was doing this.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
You’re on the right path. Change the other battery cable while your waiting.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this will be an interesting one when you figure it out.

my random guess is glazed plugs since it's modded and tuned. look fine but miss firing. the unburnt air from the miss fire telling the o2 is lean. ecm adding more fuel making it all worse

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this will be an interesting one when you figure it out.

my random guess is glazed plugs since it's modded and tuned. look fine but miss firing. the unburnt air from the miss fire telling the o2 is lean. ecm adding more fuel making it all worse
Its just interesting how we go from running fine to this by changing the ******** positive battery cable.

Cant wait for blackbear to get back. They must be behind due to the holidays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo