Two car garage & tahoe question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you with two car garages:

My wife and I are looking at another home to purchase and are somewhat concerned about the garage. The garage is 23Wx21D for a total of 483ft2.

The garage door appears to be a standard size (I have not measured it) and I am starting to have my doubts about being able to fit a Ford Explorer and the Tahoe in the garage.

At our current home, the double carport is 20x20 for the parking area for 400ft2. There is some room behind the vehicles but to simulate a 'door' on the entrance, it would be a tight fit.

Depending on how the garage is laid out (it's full of shit now from the previous owner who passed away in a nursing home) I suppose if they will fit. My concern is that the garage door isn't wide enough...because it's not the full 23' width...

????

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Good luck! Is what we have to do is pull in and turn to the side as much as we can and pull forward as much as possible so the second car is able to pull in and get to the other side. Damn "two car garages" that have became standard across America... They don't fit two "American" vehicles!! Lmao

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
My garage is 20x20 with a 16x7 Door. I have in my garage:
Tahoe
Camaro
Triumph motorcycle
2 craftsman top and bottom tool boxes
air compressor
Extra tahoe wheels and tires
2x5 workbench
misc. odds and ends

you will be fine

blairian

Full Access Member
Reaction score

In college I lived in a duplex, each side having a standard two car garage. My next door neighbors parked a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins four door, and a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 four door into that thing. I shit you not.

It can be done...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76