Tuner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now this is my first time starting a thread so bare with me.

Ok I have a 2002 Yukon XL 5.3
I want more power speed and acceleration.
I read one thread and everyone said blackbear. No tuner really works. Im looking into the new Edge Evolution CTS2.
Can you all please explain the pros and cons of both.

And also what exactly blackbear does?

Thank you all in advamced.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mondo

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the Diablo match up to the new Edge?

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are both crap.

You want power and acceleration why the holy strawberry did you buy the biggest fattest pig on the planet for?

You want that pig to roll out and make your twig n Berrys happy?
Bolt on a blower, long tubes a fat ass diesel catback and throw in some 4.56 gears. Boost that pig 15psi and WAMMY, you got what you want! And no! There is NO hand held programmer that's worth a shit.

You have two choices for a "tune", black bear autocal / in person tune or find a reputable dyno shop to tune it, I prefer a badass tuner and a street tune, who will push the limits.
That's it.

Programmers are a giant waste of cash and potentially blown engine and trans.

Install a wideband O2 (aem uego) and find a local tuner.

Last edited:

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would agree, you need a tune that will monitor your actual settings in order to get any bang for your buck. Most handhelds are on the market, do not do that, or only allow for limited manipulation of the tune.

However, most vehicles do not need a wideband installed, if the tuner knows what they are doing. I would avoid a dyno (unless you are highly modified), as a street tune will be more dialed in, for the actual use. Most dyno tuners, tune on inertia dynos, which is not going to give the best of environments to tune with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas

Latest posts