Tune Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've been doing some reading, but most of the answers I'm finding are a few years old or don't really answer my questions.

If I understand correctly, the only way to have the sport tune selectable is to replace the tow/haul mode, correct? I'd like to be able to have a mild tune for daily driving, with the option to select sport or towing. Is that not possible?

If not, how will towing with the tune be? I've read that towing with the tune in 3rd gear should be good. How does this affect the way the transmission cooler and any other benefits of tow/haul work?

For reference, I tow my Blazer (about 6,000lbs) 4-6 hours, 6-8 times a year and my boat (about 5200 lbs) 15-25 minutes, 3-4 times a month. The roads are mostly flat around here, but the temps get up there.

cav01c14

Reaction score
I have been trying to figure ur the same thing. Currently waiting on a few emails back from BBP but I believe we can not do the tow haul option as we have 6pd transmissions. I believe that was for the older 4 speed which would make since that it states to tow in 3rd. Hope BBP will be along shortly to fill us in. My autocal should be on it's way the. I just have to get money saved up to have BBP send the tune.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A sport mode is generally not offered for the 6spd, due to the way they are set up. At the same time, with heavy towing, you need a tow/haul mode. A separate "sport" transmission file can be offered with the AutoCal, and you can flash the tune in as you wish.

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, JennaBear. The separate setup would probably work for my needs. Can you guys do anything to improve the tow/haul mode as far as reliability for the transmission, or is it already pretty good from the factory?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jnice28