Tune Payback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my avg combined went from 13.5 to 17.

at the same time, i went from 20s running 275/45/20 to stock 17s running 245/70/17.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine has dropped from 14.6 to 14.4 since adding my 22s. i put the CAI on yesterday so we'll see

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice! What field of engineering are you in?

On a side note...I have noticed no substantial gains in mileage with any of my performance mods. CAI, cat-back, or Hypertech Max Energy tuner (on either the standard tune or max performance tune). The truck is more enjoyable to drive and performs better, but I don't see any improvement at the pump. Eventually I'll do the BB tune, though, and hopefully see some MPG gains there.

My overall average since July 1, 2008 (18,709 miles) is 15.1 MPG. The highest I've ever averaged (minimum half tank of fuel) is 19.9 MPG. The lowest I've averaged (again, minimum of half tank of fuel) is 11.8 MPG.

Last edited:

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
you guys are lucky sons of bitches!!
I get like 10-11mpg on average

I can't wait for my Tune I've read some great things about BlackBear :D

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was getting around 7 on my 03 tahoe due to what i think was an intake gasket. On a half a tank a gas i got 101 miles. Now that is terrible gas mileage on a stock vehicle. Once my hoe is fixed i am definitely going to get a BBear tune i hear to many good things not to invest the money in that.

TX LTZHoe 07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice! What field of engineering are you in?

On a side note...I have noticed no substantial gains in mileage with any of my performance mods. CAI, cat-back, or Hypertech Max Energy tuner (on either the standard tune or max performance tune). The truck is more enjoyable to drive and performs better, but I don't see any improvement at the pump. Eventually I'll do the BB tune, though, and hopefully see some MPG gains there.

My overall average since July 1, 2008 (18,709 miles) is 15.1 MPG. The highest I've ever averaged (minimum half tank of fuel) is 19.9 MPG. The lowest I've averaged (again, minimum of half tank of fuel) is 11.8 MPG.

Sorry, just now saw your post. I have a Chemical Engr degree and I work in the natural gas industry here in the Barnett Shale.

My overall average was 15.35 before the tune, with the highest ever at 16.68. It has now increased to 15.68 overall in just a few tanks, and the average I have since the tune is 16.4.

I still want to collect more data before I determine payout.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use premium from 76 and Shell and Chevron...I only put premium in it...but now that you mention it, it was never this bad when I was using 87... :shrug:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz