Tune Payback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
nooo...thats everywhere though...lol, I dont go to any specific gas station...I fill up anywhere and everywhere..I never really use the same gas station...just, when I get low...I find one I'm close to at that time and fill up...plus, it was even bad in Oklahoma too

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

I'm thinking my plugs are bad...also, my exhaust smells sooooooooooooooooo rich...(not like typical exhaust smell..it doesnt really stink...it just smells REALLY rich...and you can get high really easy if your standing behind my truck while it idles lol)

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have you changed your fuel filter and cleaned your MAF and throttle body? Seafoam might help too.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My fuel filter was replaced last year, I took my MAF and throttle body off and cleaned them with hot soapy water in the kitchen a month or two ago lol... (didnt damage the electrical components)...still horrible gas...

I know my "bank 2, sensor 2" (o2 sensor for anyone that was wondering..besides Jenna, you knew already)..its been throwing codes for a long while now...and I did a half ass job on my plugs, only replaced half of them...and I think I cross-threaded one of them...

Last edited:

Toadster

Reaction score
Does anyone have any guestimates or numbers on a potential payback timeline for the blackbear tune?

Putting performance aside, how long would it take for the MPG increase to pay for the tune? I thought I had read someone that some are experiencing a 1-2 MPG increase. Assuming 15,000 miles / year and if the tune increases 1 MPG, that would be a savings of 62.5 gallons / year.

Also, would a tune for higher octane help out the payback timeline (considering the higher cost of gas)?

Does anyone have any numbers, opinions, or ideas?

pretty much the first time you 'romp' on the gas - it's paid for itself... seriously- measure in "Smiles per Gallon"

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Have you changed your fuel filter and cleaned your MAF and throttle body? Seafoam might help too.

OMG - we should do a seafoam meet :party33:

that would be hilarious!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts