tuckin 26's with McGaughy's 4/5" drop KIt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah McGauhys does have a 4/5 because we use coils up front. So the 07 up models can get 2" of coil drop and 2" of spindle drop coming out to a 4".
Yeah it would be impossible to do 26s with that though, maybe his is at a 3" front level?
Dude enlighten us so we know?

OMG its Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The previous owner actually did my drop and he stated it was a 4/5, I just assumed he meant 3/5.. Who knows, maybe mines a 4/5 then, either way, it fits the 24's with BARELY any rub at full turn. I can no way see 26's fitting unless the offset is different and the rims are not as wide, but I don't know too much about tahoe suspension. I'm pretty new to these awesome SUV's

AZ Kar Tunez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the truck in question has a 4/5 drop on it. I installed the drop at the shop. It is paired up with a 26" u2 55 wheel. +30 offset. We are currently running a 255 30 26 on the tahoe. When i contacted McGaughy's they told me that a 23" wheel was the biggest that would fit. The customer and I wanted to push the envelope and decided to try a 26" There are no rubbing issues on the vehicle.

In the pictures posted previously, the drop had just been installed. Since then it has settled.

New pictures to come.

our97ho

Reaction score
I know mine is much older 97 but i only got 20's and also dropped and i scrap like hell when making sharp turns,., someone said heating the inner wall where it rubs gonna mention that to hubby so we stop rubbing it always worrys me

OP
OP
syndicatesteve

syndicatesteve

Syndicate Steve
Reaction score
album.php
here are some new pics of the ride, yes they are 26's on McGaughy's 4/5 Drop with spindle and springs, and axle relocator...I want to see someone else with this bg or rim and tire and lowering kit, drive it as a daily driver
album.php

AZ Kar Tunez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
steve is retarded when it comes to posting pics. We also forgot to cut the bump stops in the first pictures posted. LOL.

OMG its Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completely PHOTOSHOPPED!!!!!!!!!
I call BS!!!!

Theres no way that's a real tattoo!
lol

Nice rims man, def. looks different than the first set of photos.
I ENVY you.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Truck looks good-n-clean, certainly not tuckin' though. Love the grille, not so much the young lady but each to their own......... I think I saw an ad for that shop a while back and/or I called and they wanted silly $$ to do a drop like $800 to install but I could be wrong..... I laughed and did the install myself. Like I said might not have been that shop but it was one of the shops on the West side advertising kits installed for like $1500........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia