truck wont scan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ocelot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so i was driving home yesterday and the check engine light came on, so i stopped at the local checker auto and asked to have my truck scanned. Well after a dozen attempts to scan it no luck, so the guy expressed that it was the plug on my truck that when bad, i really don't see that happenings so i wanted to get a second opinion on this. Should i try another place has this happened to someone before? I really want to find out the code its throwing so i dont fubar my truck:emotions122:. btw its a 1997 tahoe

Diller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the fuse. If it's blown, the truck won't communicate via the ALDL connector.

Diller
'99 Yukon SLT
'08 Hummer H3

OP
OP
ocelot

ocelot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
*update* checked fuses and all are in working order going to auto zone tomorrow for a second opinion

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
In addition to the fuse mentioned above, the problem could be a communication issue between the scanner/cable and the ODB2 port. I had that happen once, too.

OP
OP
ocelot

ocelot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so i got a second scan and still no luck i think im going to clear the system the old fashion way and have the whole system reboot what do you think?

black95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know u checked the fuses , but double check the cigarette lighter fuse if the if popped the obd port will not work. are u checking the fuses by sight or with a test light , u can be tricked somestimes if u aare doing it by sight

not to be a dick or anything but this belongs in general discussion, again just saying

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia