Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

unicorn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 tahoe, bad tranny. I have a lead on a rebuilt tranny but no sure if it will work. It's out of a 2005 Gm. Not sure what. Can some one tell me if it can be swapped out

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 tahoe, bad tranny. I have a lead on a rebuilt tranny but no sure if it will work. It's out of a 2005 Gm. Not sure what. Can some one tell me if it can be swapped out
All the people that rebuilt it can tell you is that it is from a 2005 GM? No other information than that?

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll need to know what it came from. You may have to swap the tail housing, and possibly the input shaft? I seem to recall those being different lengths for different applications. Maybe I'm mistaken on the input shaft though.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's from a full sized GM truck or SUV vehicle, it should be fine to swap in (all were 300 mm input shaft by then even the transmissions behind the V6s)

Look here for your answer. Post #10:

Obviously, needs to match 4x4 vs 2wd.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts