Transmission (TBV) thermostat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doc52

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Own a 2014 Tahoe LTZ with the 5.3 engine and 6L80E transmission. This is a recent purchase at 125k miles. Vehicle runs great but wish to keep it that way as I will be towing a smaller toy hauler. My research via You Tube has shown an upgrade to the trans fluid thermostat from 190dg to 165dg or the bypass kit but as shown in the photo where the return/supply trans fluid lines meet at the tranny it looks nothing like what is popularly shown across the web and on close inspection offers no way to do any kind of modification, it would seem to me that this is merely a line mounting plate? Does this mean that a TBV has been removed and this is running w/o a thermostat?

Attachments

• IMG_0913.jpeg
    IMG_0913.jpeg
    255.8 KB · Views: 2

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Own a 2014 Tahoe LTZ with the 5.3 engine and 6L80E transmission. This is a recent purchase at 125k miles. Vehicle runs great but wish to keep it that way as I will be towing a smaller toy hauler. My research via You Tube has shown an upgrade to the trans fluid thermostat from 190dg to 165dg or the bypass kit but as shown in the photo where the return/supply trans fluid lines meet at the tranny it looks nothing like what is popularly shown across the web and on close inspection offers no way to do any kind of modification, it would seem to me that this is merely a line mounting plate? Does this mean that a TBV has been removed and this is running w/o a thermostat?
The 2014 6L80 does not have a thermostat. That was added for the 2015 model year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bill99874