Transmission Acting Weird

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was backing out of my driveway when suddenly my tranny stops and I'm just reving the engine. Then suddenly it stops slipping, grabs, and works perfectly fine. I found it quite weird since I have recently changed my fluid and have never had any problems with it. Anyone know what my have done that?

OP
OP
MC153

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fully assured the filter it properly attached the tranny?

I pushed it up in there until it wouldn't go up anymore. Unless the seal O'reilly sold me is bad I don't see a reason why would come out.

novamodeler3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Similar issue when backing. I get a grinding sound. Almost like a standard tranny, and grinding a gear. Also have a bucking feeling at speeds between 55-65. As well as the grinding very seldom at speed as well. Maybe xfer case engaging when it shouldnt?

-Justin

kcb37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As stupid as it may sound.
Are you positive you had the shifter fully in R? Possible it was partially in, slipped out and back in. (not likely but possible)

OP
OP
MC153

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Similar issue when backing. I get a grinding sound. Almost like a standard tranny, and grinding a gear. Also have a bucking feeling at speeds between 55-65. As well as the grinding very seldom at speed as well. Maybe xfer case engaging when it shouldnt?

-Justin
Hmm the the only sound I get is grinding when shifting into four low.

As stupid as it may sound.
Are you positive you had the shifter fully in R? Possible it was partially in, slipped out and back in. (not likely but possible)

I thought about it since my shifter is pretty easy. But just in case I'm dropping the pan this weekend since someone gave 5 quarts of Lucas. Maybe I stuck the wrong filter in it and it fell out. Someone told me GM sticks deep pans in the trucks and shallow in the cars. The guy at Oreilly said it was most likely a shallow and since the pan had a flat bottom that's what I bought.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about it since my shifter is pretty easy. But just in case I'm dropping the pan this weekend since someone gave 5 quarts of Lucas. Maybe I stuck the wrong filter in it and it fell out. Someone told me GM sticks deep pans in the trucks and shallow in the cars. The guy at Oreilly said it was most likely a shallow and since the pan had a flat bottom that's what I bought.

If you filter fell out your trans would grenade, the pump would get no fluid, after about 10 mins of that the pump would eat itself to death. I know this from experience.

OP
OP
MC153

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you filter fell out your trans would grenade, the pump would get no fluid, after about 10 mins of that the pump would eat itself to death. I know this from experience.

Well it didn't fall out but it was very loose in the seal. Just slid in and out. I'm guessing may have been sucking up air around it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuckWild62