Tranny Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monzter Mike

Reaction score
I'd have them install a five pinion geartrain kit & a furnace brazed toque converter if your planing on building some power with the engine.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really dont see the need for a bigger pan, just takes longer for your fluid to heat up so the trans can operate. B/w the cooler and shift kit your transmission is safe. Unless your doing circles on the track or towing not necessary. Recommend a tranny gauge.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My trans temps dropped 20-30 degrees on average ... it may take a lil longer to heat up to the low side of the operating range but on the other end it takes alot longer to overheat. I live in AZ so too low operating temps don't worry me much. If you lived somewhere that gets "cold" in the winter you may want to skip the pan.

OP
OP
NOVAhoe

NOVAhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah are winters can get pretty cold here in virginia, but ill be moving to south carolina in a year or so, but its not like its something that cant wait till then haha, the main reason why i want a new pan is cause i want a drain plug, i know you dont really need to change the tranny fluid that often but im one of those people that change fluids a lot earlier then you are supposed to, im just **** haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz