Tranny is slipping....I think

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TonkasDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought a 2011 Yukon Denali back in May...love the truck to death...except for 1 problem that started of course just after the 30 day guarentee the dealer gives you. I notice as I'm driving along usually when I come to a stop, when the tranny is shifting from 2nd to 1st gear (almost always between 10 - 15 mph) the tranny either shifts overly hard or straight up slips. I brought the truck to my mechanic who drove it a good 15 minutes. He said the truck was driving fine. I then had them reset the truck's computer to hopefully reset the shift pattern. That did nothing. No codes, lights...nothing. Just the symptoms i said above. The fluid is bright pink and mells clean as it should. The truck has 78k on it. It'll once in a while slip or shift hard as I'm coasting to a slow roll and then accelerate from like a stop sign I slowly rolled through lol. Any ideas?
Thanks guys! !

novemberr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same situation on my 2012 Denali. Is this a sign that the transmission is dying?

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 does the same.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas