TPMS Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnyballgame

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thought I would share a "Now Funny" story.

This weekend i decided to do a little maintenance. This included bumping the pressure up on the tires. This time off year the pressure always falls off a little due the the colder temps.
So, way back when I bought the Tahoe, I decided to swap out the cheesy plastic valve stem caps with a shiny hex shaped better looking cap. I know know why I needed to keep the cheesy plastic ones.
The last tire I came to Saturday moreing is the one that actually needed the most air. The TPMS was telling me it was at 28psi. So I reached down to take the cool shiny cap off and it is stuck. I go to my tool box and get a 3/8 wrench. I got the cap off, but the top half of the valve stem was in it also. So now I have a flat tire also!! GRRRRR!!
At the time i put the cool caps on, i did not realize the stems were aluminum. Had i known that, I would have put a little Never Sieze on them so they did not corride or gall and become one. I am now putting the cheesy plastic caps back on.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
That sucks pretty bad, atleast it didn't happen at a gas station!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879