TPI install on a 1999 chevy tahoe 5.7L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ksipes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have allways loved the tpi off of the old vets and Camaros. I have searched for a couple of days on a build thread to do this on a 1999 chevy tahoe 5.7 using the stock pcm ... Has anyone seen a thread on this for a 98 and above install....

Thanks

OP
OP
K

ksipes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I understand that you have to use a edelbrock or a lower section for the vortech heads .I thought the PCM from the tahoe would run the injection.Can you exsplain a little more detail. I really dont want to use the older style pcm.

have to have computer and adapters to put on Vortec heads.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
There will be electrical and mechanical differences in injectors and some other components so It is likely they will not work well together without some testing or programming. It also may use more or less sensors then before.

OP
OP
K

ksipes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well after some serious phone call no extra sensors it does work and is les to modify then the marine intake by far .

There will be electrical and mechanical differences in injectors and some other components so It is likely they will not work well together without some testing or programming. It also may use more or less sensors then before.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im taking it you still have to tune it to get it to run perfectly? going from OBDI to OBD2 as well

have the TPI in my IROC.

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The connectors for the IAC and TPS will be different, EGR will take some reworking if it's kept functional, the throttle and cruise cables may need to be shortened, the A/C line will need to be rerouted or the compressor spaced upwards since it will run right into the throttle body.

Should be some more info in here on it as far as the electronics and tuning goes
http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/tpi/383323-tpi-obdii-thoughts-opinions.html

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All that work for just a TPI ... I would put that effort into an LS swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Triplearon