Tow hitch for 2011 chevy Tahoe z 71 4x4 lift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to install a toe hitch for my 2011 Tahoe. It's lifted so how do I pick the right hitch (Hight) in relation to the height of the vehicle. Any suggestions on what make or model you recommend? I've towed boats but this is my first lifted SUVI I would be potentially towing. Off the top of my head, I don't know How high the vehicle is in relation to factory tires/suspension. Is there a simple math problem to this. Any suggestion or ideas welcome. please forgive the rookie questions.

Thank you

ken

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Ken,

Well, how much are you planning to tow? I generally get a hitch that can pull anything within my capacity and I get the adjustable ones to handle the different coupler heights. I hate seeing a trailer nose down on a level truck!

These are the two that we use:

1715753403226.png

1715753564687.png

Our receivers are at about 24-25 inches at stock height. Mostly trailers are 16-18 inches. So we need to drop 5-6 inches or so to even them out. I leave 2-3 inches for the squat that will take place when the load is put on the back of the truck.

I bought the first one with both balls and like the clevis feature. Used it to pull people out of the mud and tow various thins. Set up the normal way it is rated for 7,500 pounds and when flipped upside down for more height, it's rated for 5K pounds.

we use the other one primarily in our pickups, it's rated for 14,000 pounds in any direction if memory serves. We've towed above that capacity for short runs without issue and have also used it to yank people out of the mud.

My favorite mud yanker though is this:

1715754067995.png

I bought these things back in 2018 and they've double in price since, thanks Joe!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm looking to install a toe hitch for my 2011 Tahoe. It's lifted so how do I pick the right hitch (Hight) in relation to the height of the vehicle. Any suggestions on what make or model you recommend? I've towed boats but this is my first lifted SUVI I would be potentially towing. Off the top of my head, I don't know How high the vehicle is in relation to factory tires/suspension. Is there a simple math problem to this. Any suggestion or ideas welcome. please forgive the rookie questions.

Thank you

ken

Good info here with the math: https://www.etrailer.com/faq-ballmount.aspx

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score

Thank you

ken
I’ve gotten away with the 6” drop hitch from harbor freight for 30$ granted it’s no weight distribution hitch but I’ve towed a truck on a car trailer a couple times now with it and never bent or broken it. I’ve also hauled 10-15,000 lbs in my dump trailer when I was doing tree work and never bent or broken it even though it was well over the weight capacity

If you got the money though Gen Y makes very nice hitch receivers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84