Torsion bar slipping?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J444HN

Reaction score
Need a bit of advice please guys.

I have had my alignment done a few times now but the outer edge of my drivers tire is still wearing bad. And it almost feels like the two front wheels are continuously fighting against each other. Measuring the front it seems like even though I've had the torsion bar adjust it is still dropping back down or something is moving and knocking off alignment.

There is no more adjustment left to lift the drivers torsion bar.
Looking at where the T-B goes into the lower control arm, on the passenger side it looks fine and sits straight in...but the drivers side looks like the TB is slipping round inside the control arm? The hex shape isn't sitting straight inside the hex of the control arm.

When I corner right the drivers front seems to be useless and unstable like it's not holding up.

Please help and I apologise for the long post.

Thanks
John

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My drivers side T-bar looks like that too. No issues. I'd check your bearings and toe rod ends.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 to what shakedown said.. Alignment might be perfect but if you have worn suspension parts (not just the torsion bars) then alignment won't hold under dynamic load...I.e. Rolling down the road.

OP
OP
J444HN

J444HN

Reaction score
But how would that affect my suspension from sagging on drivers side? I can't get it to level out and it's bottoming out.
What do I need to change to get the adjustment as it seems like the bars just twisting in the LCA and slipping round.

southboundchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More info on your suspension setup pleAse...... I dont think your t bars are your problem they dont "slip" like you think they do and unless you have a million miles on your rig they dont wear out

Tahoe0159

Reaction score
No expert here, but I have never heard of torsion bars wearing out.

Everything else in the front end, yes. Torsion bars, no.

Just one data point, FWIW.

OP
OP
J444HN

J444HN

Reaction score
So if the torsion bars aren't making the front end sag what else can be? I've replaced the air ride stuff with Bilstein about a year ago and the tie rods were done then. What else could cause the front to sag?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if the torsion bars aren't making the front end sag what else can be? I've replaced the air ride stuff with Bilstein about a year ago and the tie rods were done then. What else could cause the front to sag?

Give us your measurements from axle to fender lip L/R

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076

Latest posts