torsion bar isolater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you wanna keep it simple yes just replace the broken part, I guess it depends on how much time you wanna spend on it :shrug:

The way the dogbone isolators are designed allow the crossmember to move back and forth, not much but enough for them to become fatigued and break, I know yours was a different case with the accident, but I've seen them break under normal driving situations also

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think for now since i have the part i will replace and if this happens again(which i hope it doesnt) i will swap to the other style for a stronger set up. any clues to why its just on the tahoes?

FreddieG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same issue 95 gmc yukon 4 door

Hello, ok I got a 95 Yukon 4 door, now with the four door they have the dog bone insulators. The 2 door has cross member right to the frame. I recently got into an accident smacked a curb with the passenger front side wheel, and it snapped my dog bone. I have replaced this twice and it still snaps and also replaced the right front controll arm as well. Now My questions is to fix this would it be best to replace the keys in the cross member will that help? And did that guy ever fix this problem? LOL if I got to get a 2 door cross member frame and hack away I will, if it matches!!! looks like my driver side tire sticks out more. The tires face straight though, like my front left tire got pushed in.. so my right front tire looks fatter get what i mean. im thinking this put a great deal of stress on the cross member causing my dog bone to snap....Could this have some how pushed my front differential in??

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
If you wanna keep it simple yes just replace the broken part, I guess it depends on how much time you wanna spend on it :shrug:

The way the dogbone isolators are designed allow the crossmember to move back and forth, not much but enough for them to become fatigued and break, I know yours was a different case with the accident, but I've seen them break under normal driving situations also

SteamRoller - I know this is an old post, but I also have a 4dr and looking to install the Realift relocators. Do you have a pic of your setup installed, particularly the different cross member you utilized?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chevyguysuburban

Latest posts