Torque management

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done tons of research on this across 4 or 5 different forums but still can't find a complete answer. All threads say it reduces torque during shifts, but is that all it does? Does it affect torque when stomping the gas from a dead stop because when I do it I can't even get the tires to chirp, it could be that I have new aggressive 33" ATs but when I had smaller bald ATs that looked like drag slicks I couldn't even get them to chirp. I have the 5.3, 3.73 gears, and a flowmaster exhaust. If torque management is turned down will it help with off the line power

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
I feel like someone from Blackbear might know? I've heard something about a corvette 1-2 solenoid or something like that, but that's a problem a lot of us have, WOT doesn't do anything from a dead stop.

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW- I did a diablosport tune and turned off Torque Management, the result was more positive shift from gear to gear (less 'slippage, or quicker engagement).

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW- I did a diablosport tune and turned off Torque Management, the result was more positive shift from gear to gear (less 'slippage, or quicker engagement).
Well my question is about power from a dead stop. It doesn't feel like it has much so I'm asking if taking away some of the torque management will help the power off the line

Reaction score
Well my question is about power from a dead stop. It doesn't feel like it has much so I'm asking if taking away some of the torque management will help the power off the line

From what I understand, torque management is only in place during shifting.

You have a few things against you coming off the line....heavy vehicle (5200 + lbs), tall gearing and tires (need 4.10s or 4.56s) and a basically stock 5.3 (or could be a 4.8???). All those things conspire against getting your Hoe moving.

Cheapest fix would be the gears, even if you're 4WD. I have 4.10s in my Yukon XL from the factory, makes a huge difference.

From there, you're into engine mods, higher stall converter, etc. No real way to make these things any lighter :)

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score

You have a few things against you coming off the line....heavy vehicle (5200 + lbs), tall gearing and tires (need 4.10s or 4.56s) and a basically stock 5.3 (or could be a 4.8???). All those things conspire against getting your Hoe moving.

Cheapest fix would be the gears, even if you're 4WD. I have 4.10s in my Yukon XL from the factory, makes a huge difference.

From there, you're into engine mods, higher stall converter, etc. No real way to make these things any lighter :)

With 4.10s how is highway cruising? Like how high are you revving for 75 or 80?

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Is changing gearing easy, like is the average person who has a decent amount of skill with mechanical work able to do it in their driveway

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157