Torque management

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the entire diff has to come out for a front gear change :(
That's past my abilities. What do you think it would cost to have someone do just the front. I could do the back and take it to a shop for them to do the front

Reaction score
That's past my abilities. What do you think it would cost to have someone do just the front. I could do the back and take it to a shop for them to do the front

Don't really know, especially in your area. Figure $80/hour labor, and probably 4 hours (maybe more) + the actual new gear $$$.

Probably with parts, your're looking at somewhere between $500 - $800 per axle. Depends on the quality of parts/$$$.

Yukon gears with all the small parts is $400 for just the front.....

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't really know, especially in your area. Figure $80/hour labor, and probably 4 hours (maybe more) + the actual new gear $$$.

Probably with parts, your're looking at somewhere between $500 - $800 per axle. Depends on the quality of parts/$$$.

Yukon gears with all the small parts is $400 for just the front.....
I can get 4.30 gears for $240. I'll look at videos on dropping the front diff for my truck. It can't be that hard

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 06 Sierra 5.3 with 3.73 and it lights them up easy. If I stay on it my locking diff will lock in and spin two wheels. My 06 Yukon with 4.10, 4x4 and a 5.3 will only chirp off the line with 275 70 17 Cooper AT3 tires. Going around a turn it will break them loose. It is all about weigh over the wheels. I should mention both trucks have been dyno tuned but have always acted the same right off the line.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know bud, if you never set up a rear before i would just let a shop do it, just to be sure you dont blow it up. I do everything myself too but ive never actually pulled the rear apart....im def no mechanic but afar as ive gone (comfort level) is splitting them (pulling axles) not saying its hard or easy just dont want to see you have issues. :2cents:

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know bud, if you never set up a rear before i would just let a shop do it, just to be sure you dont blow it up. I do everything myself too but ive never actually pulled the rear apart....im def no mechanic but afar as ive gone (comfort level) is splitting them (pulling axles) not saying its hard or easy just dont want to see you have issues. :2cents:
Yeah I watched a few videos on how to do it and I think I could do it but i don't have the tools and don't want to buy the tools to use once. Right now I'm a senior in highschool and next fall I'm going to a technical college for diesel technology. So I figure I'll just wait till then since I'll be learning how to do these sort of things and the school should have the tools to do it.

Radio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you have someone do a custom tune, this can be removed. It does affect WOT launch. Just had it done on my 07 Escalade. Huge difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you have someone do a custom tune, this can be removed. It does affect WOT launch. Just had it done on my 07 Escalade. Huge difference

Check V8Muscle.net or blackbear