Torque management question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NaomiSays

Hot Tamalé!
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here is a stock table, the numbers are % of throttle allowed. You can see it is very restrictive down low. If you do decide to change this we would love to help, feel free to call or email any time.

Attachments

• stock_tm.jpg
    stock_tm.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 49

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Naomi, may I ask where you got that table from? Granted my experience rooting around with tables in EFI live is somewhat limited, but that does NOT seem right for a regular Tahoe or Suburban...at least not based on the tables I've seen before.

Perhaps Jenna can chime in with her opinion on this, she'd be a far better judge of that table's accuracy that I am.

tights24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I am ready to void the warranty and get it chipped to remove some of the TM.

IMO, there's a big difference between the TM being throttled back and not being able to pull a boat out of the water. Is there any reason why they couldn't re-flash the tcu just to make sure there's not a problem there? How does the truck do when towing the boat on flat ground from a stop? Is it actually hard to get moving? Well, good luck man.

Here is a stock table, the numbers are % of throttle allowed. You can see it is very restrictive down low.

Yeah, there's no way that's right. I would "guess" that 1st gear would be around 60-70%. But not less than 1%. The truck wouldn't move......

Last edited:

NaomiSays

Hot Tamalé!
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
First of all yes this is a stock table from your generation truck. The reason you can't see it is because you do not have a workshop version edition. And like you said your experience is very limited which is why you should trust me, the person who knows what she is talking about. If you want advice please don't knock down the correct answers. I went out of my way to open the file and find the one you want, so a thank you would be more appropriate.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First of all yes this is a stock table from your generation truck. The reason you can't see it is because you do not have a workshop version edition. And like you said your experience is very limited which is why you should trust me, the person who knows what she is talking about. If you want advice please don't knock down the correct answers. I went out of my way to open the file and find the one you want, so a thank you would be more appropriate.

What's with the attitude? Not necessary...especially as a brand new forum member who's trying to drum up business. Not all of us are complete idiots when it comes to EFI Live and reading tables. On top of that, you DO NOT need a workshop edition of the software to view the stock throttle tables, the software is available for free on EFI Live's website for anyone to use and access and works just fine. I literally just looked about a half hour ago, sitting in my truck.

IMG_20130806_104549_zps8c302f26.jpg

I was basing my post off of the fact that for 2007-2009, the throttle percentages are 100% across the board for the 5.3. The delay, for whatever reason GM decided to put it in, was introduced in 2010. Be that as it may, the data you posted still isn't accurate for a 5.3 Tahoe, even a 2012 like the OP owns...at least not based on what I'm looking at. Besides that, the chart only tells you the rate at which the throttle opens, not the maximum amount of total throttle % allowed. I have a 2007 (so admittedly that is what I'm familiar with), hence my question asking you to clarify. I wasn't trying to be an ass, I was asking you to clarify what vehicle the data came from...and you come back with a rude and dismissive post essentially calling me a moron?

Great business model. :think::yourself:

Last edited:

tights24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to be an ass, I was asking you to clarify what vehicle the data came from...and you come back with a rude and dismissive post essentially calling me a moron?

Yup, I pretty much thought the same thing was directed at me too. Not only that, but your post asking for more info was not in the least bit rude or "questioning" per se. Seems like NaomiSays has a chip on her shoulder being a female in a male dominated industry. A little piece of advice there miss attitude, read the questions/comments for what they're worth and don't automatically assume someone is thinking to themselves "What does this chick know about anything". Most folks, especially on this board that I've seen, give respect where it is earned and due.

BTW, I'm sure the owner of MJE would love to know that you started off with a bang on an entire forum that is already a fan of BB. That will get you some market share for sure. :banghead:

SmallXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
back on subject . Something definitely is not right here unless the ramp is really steep or you're pulling a 10k+ boat. I've had zero issues with mine.

intow.jpg

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
back on subject . Something definitely is not right here unless the ramp is really steep or you're pulling a 10k+ boat. I've had zero issues with mine.

intow.jpg

Bad....ass!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittyboop0510