Torque Converter Clutch Fix Results?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeus2015

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, I'm new to the forum, but have been searching the threads for some time. I've got a 2015 Denali with the dreaded shutter/shake and what I call the delirium tremors occurring at 40 and 70 MPH. I finally took it in to get the issue checked out based on what I had read on the forum. I had no issues with the mechanic and things seemed to go well on our brief test drive together. He was able to reproduce the shutter as well as reproduce the schizophrenic RPM variability when throttle is held steady at constant speed. I was ready to go to battle with all that I had read online, but didn't need to argue.

They're keeping it this week to flush the tranny out 3 times with a different transmission fluid, changing the torque converter clutch, and then driving it 200 miles to reprogram the shift points. I read a lot of threads regarding people having the same issues and the fix, but naturally haven't seen people coming back stating that the fix actually worked and was permanent.

Any feedback regarding the fix results would be greatly appreciated. I have a road trip coming up with the fam and am going to gamble and take the Yukon if they have it fixed in time.

mpgmc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I took my 15 Yukon XL Denali in with the shutter. They were able to reproduce it. Service advisor said they no longer replace the TC unless necessary- they just did 5 trans flushes for me and it fixed the issue with the shake... still get the occasional hard shift at low speeds though. I've had issues with my 2015i's trans for a long time.

OP
OP
Z

Zeus2015

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I took my 15 Yukon XL Denali in with the shutter. They were able to reproduce it. Service advisor said they no longer replace the TC unless necessary- they just did 5 trans flushes for me and it fixed the issue with the shake... still get the occasional hard shift at low speeds though. I've had issues with my 2015i's trans for a long time.

I see why they don't do that any more. I still have a faint yet noticible shutter. I'm honed in on the shake, so probably a little more exaggerated in my head. I wish I could cut my losses and go with something more reliable.

mpgmc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I see why they don't do that any more. I still have a faint yet noticible shutter. I'm honed in on the shake, so probably a little more exaggerated in my head. I wish I could cut my losses and go with something more reliable.

I might be doing that soon. I really want to see the new expedition/navigator... Feel weary about hopping into another newly refreshed car during its debut year. If this Denali was reliable, I'd probably keep driving it until it couldn't drive anymore. Unfortunately, I'm starting to lose confidence. This is my first GMC.

OP
OP
Z

Zeus2015

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I might be doing that soon. I really want to see the new expedition/navigator... Feel weary about hopping into another newly refreshed car during its debut year. If this Denali was reliable, I'd probably keep driving it until it couldn't drive anymore. Unfortunately, I'm starting to lose confidence. This is my first GMC.
My dad actually has a 2002 expedition that he still uses as a daily driver. It's got over 400k and has no major issues. I think he had the overdrive cable tightened and that was all. The new ford looks really nice. I didn't go with the expedition because I knew a refresh was coming and would be kicking myself for not waiting. I was optimistic but concerned about the GM product and just got caught up with the looks of the Denali. Now that the initial romance is over, I feel the design with all the chrome is over the top and will look dated real soon. I guess there's a reason ford was never bailed out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645