top end motor rebuild 94 350 tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
94z71yuk

94z71yuk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay thank you very much for the info will do that. Well now to. Clean and wait to get the heads to the shop and then wait some more

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Use a carbon scraper and acetone to clean the block surface and manifold. Do Not Knick The Metal. the shop will charge a small fee but they can hot tank your heads and blast clean you manifold for you. it will look purty.

OP
OP
94z71yuk

94z71yuk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips I was taking the heads and intake to get the heads worked and intake cleaned all I needed to clean was the block and tb thank you for all the help I knew not to scratch the block surface I just needed to know the right way to do it thank you for all your help sunlitcomet it's greatly appreciated

OP
OP
94z71yuk

94z71yuk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
okay i droped the heads and intake off at the machiene shop today. they are going to clean both put new valve seals in pressure test and resurface the heads and intake so i get a nice clean snug fit :) said they would be ready by this time tomorrow. :)

OP
OP
94z71yuk

94z71yuk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
okay so heres the thing i got my heads back intake back had a snag with the heater core entry line from he intake but its resolved now got the motor back together all good to go ready to run but the thing is it wont run. im sure i have it timed right almost positive. put the number one cylinder top dead center on compression stroke. point dizzy button at the no. 1 plug wire then tighten down and it should bust off running correct? am i missing something here i put the gas on the floor and it kinda sounds like its gonna start it just kinda speeds up with a loud banging noise not metel to metel loke a pop or ****. then thats all it will do pease i need some help

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if your are backfiring then something is still off. i would recheck you initial engine an ignition timing again. perhaps you were not on the compression stroke as you thought.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These things have to be DEAD NUTS ON, not close ... either your timing is off or you improperly adjusted the rockers and some are stuck open or effecting the timing by being too tight or too loose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879