To Shave or Not to Shave... That tis the question!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

91Pusstang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LOL @4WDTRK

It looks so much better! I just don't want to "cut off my nose to spite my face" or make more problems than the looks are worth.

I do not know which way I'm going to go but I'm going to repaint my truck during/after the turbo build and I figured that I should go ahead and do the shaved doors/rear hatch for looks, theft deterrent, and uniqueness.

I like to be different so that someone at a car show doesn't have the same ride as me... but I do not want to walk over $100 to pick up a penny...

Just looking for opinions! And I appreciate what's already came so far!

I cannot believe no one is happy with their shaved ride!

@Young28 did you not have the emergency pull string? I have 2 buddies with shaved doors and they have emergency pull strings that allow them to open the door if the battery dies (which it has before on them)
You simply hide the cable very good so that it cannot be seen without really knowing where it is and you do not have to worry about battery failures and such... Plus, if your battery is dead, you cannot drive it until you get a jump! LOL

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
I think the look is really cool. If your pockets are deep enough why not? Like anything else, if you have the time and $$ go for it! [emoji4]

guy from norcal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in the day, my toyota truck had shaved handles. I put in a cable that ran from door handle to the inner plastic behind fender as a fail safe when the poppers didn't pop.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
I just realized something that never set it in..we have to put fail safes in place in case the popper doesnt pop...that just shows why its a bad idea...now that i think about it lol.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't be too hard for a thief to find that backup push button popper

KEVIN GARRETT

Reaction score
and just FYI. if this is going to be your DD and you do shave the door handle's remember that they are NOT LEGAL and the police can pull you for not having at a min. the driver handle on the car. some states are worse than others in that in my show days i know of 2 guys that had their trucks impounded immediately on the side of the road for not having handles.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But don't you think with better parts it would be good for a dd?

I mean look at the new vettes and such that have the pressure pads that pop the doors open and the fords that have the foot sensor for the rear gates?!
From a detailing standpoint the foot sensors in the new fords suck. I was detailing one the other day just standing in front of the tailgate drying the car off. My foot wasn't even directly under the sensor but it activated the tailgate Damn tailgate just popped open from the sensor and the Damn tailgate almost hit me in the face because I was leaning down drying the bumper. It was irritating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SayWhen