to fit 35s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the steering shaft extension the same on the older kit? Other than the brackets, that's the only thing I could think of if that's different if it contains the same amount of spacers.

I think the "problems" that wicked was referring to is that there's no f'in way you're going to fit 35's with just a 3" body kit unless you're going to crank it. lol

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh no i didnt plan on that. i was going to crank with a 2 inch block in rear as well

i dont know if it has the steering extension but it has on for the shifter im guessing

wicked2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just think its not worth the hassle trying to make it fit. You will need radiator brackets, parking brake bracket, steering shaft extender, front bumper brackets, might also need the fuel hose extender. Kind of sucks when your doing the work and shit dont fit and you have to keep making trips looking for parts. If you also just want it for looks 35s will fit but any minor offroad it will rub. I rub when I go out playing in the sand. I use to have a silverado with rancho 4" lift and 35s tires. I ended up messing up my front fenders after awhile from offroading.

Last edited:
OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive decided to try and sell it and buy right kit. i will run the 35s for a while till they wore out then prob do a 33. the tires are like half tread so they measure somewhere around a 34 maybe 33 i havent measured em

DBLTAP

Reaction score
Tire choice and back spacing will be a major factor as well. I just finished installing a 3" BL and 35's today. I had cranked the t-bars earlier to level out the ride height maybe 2" but the shaft angels look good. To run 35's I did have to do a little grinding on the lower corners of the bumper but i don't think most could even tell the difference. i also had to do a little modding on the rear of the inner fender-well at the very lower inside corner, again i don't think its at all obvious unless you knew what to look for. The bumper also has to be mounted as far forward as it will go for clearance. Gotta say i am very happy with the results and the Summit kit is complete. Now I just need to Finnish fabbing the rear bumper brackets and install gap guards.

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats what i want to hear ^ thats what im ordering here tonight or next day. do yuor tires actually measure to 35? or are they smaller like 34 maybe

newmarketeod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you inspected your front end wear items yet? A crank should be fine as long as everything is in good running order, but if you have old, tired, worn out ball joints and TREs they should probably be replaced as well.
Also remember you will need an alignment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo