to fit 35s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i do gears should i do a posi in rear too? ill do 456 gears would those be ok if i ever stepped down to 33s

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, truetrac is a nice unit that most people really like. I am pleased with mine.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nothing you can do other than the new gears. The aluminum carrier is not tough enough to hold up to a locker or anything....so if you find a place offering somethign stay away from purchasing a locker for the front.

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
allrighty. what are the stock gears in tahoes? my friend said 373 but im unsure. how would those be with the 35s for a lil while

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there were different options for gear ratios. Mine came from the factory with 3.73s, as designated by RPO code GT4, which you can find in your glove box on a sticker. If it shows GT4 in your glove box, you too should have 3.73s.

I myself am not sure how it would feel, but numerous people on the forum have said that you feel a big difference driving around with 35's and 3.73 gears and that you'd want to upgrade as soon as you can. You'd probably be okay for a little while though. Your speedometer will be inaccurate too, just to keep in mind.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Oh yeah, if you want to decode all your RPO codes in your glove box, check out this site : http://www.gm-trucks.com/rpo-code-lookup/

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the link and ill look into that. i got a 3inch bl today. its for a 73-87 truck but it should work right? i just need to get the bumper brackets. how many body bolts are there on 4dr tahoes? i have 14 lift pucks so i think i have enough

wicked2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are going to run into problems if you try to fit that body lift on the hoe. Under 250 you can get the body lift and gap guards through summit. I tried to fit my 35s with the body lift but didnt fit at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz