Tire Squeal - When hitting bumps and turning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedCrush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgive me If this thread has been previously discussed. I have done both arms, upper and lower ball joints, and arms. Trucks steers a lot better besides the steering speed sensor I have yet to install. But whenever i hit bumps, it sounds like my front driver wheel is pealing out, squealing... what could it be? your thoughts please....

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
A sleeper with lots of torque, real weak glazed slippery poor quality tire rubber. If auto 4wd, it could be signs of the front diffy getting sticky inside with the front shaft engaged. In plain 4wd too. If 2wd coil spring movement. Sway bar bushing noise.

OP
OP
RedCrush

RedCrush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think my 4wd is sticking I'd have a blown ifs or tranfers case. It looks like the maybe butterflied and the truck leans to the driver side a bit....

OP
OP
RedCrush

RedCrush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dunno... Just changed the steering speed sensor... Steers a hell of a lot better... Is there a way to align the tires camber wise?

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:24 PM ----------

Ill get down there and see if the have the equal amount of crank. That could be the issue....

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Yes but you may need to have the upper arm punched and a camber kit needed if not done previously. Also it is very likely that the keys will not be equally cranked even if the body is level sideways.

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
need more info on truck. stock suspension setup? what size tires? have you had a realignment after installing all those parts?

OP
OP
RedCrush

RedCrush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its 4.5 Rancho lift with 35 in mud terrains. Yes the alignment was down upon install of the steering components.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6