Tints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The previous owner did mine prior to me buying it. The front matches the rest that is from the factory (so I think 35% or so). Plans consist of putting 5% over the factory tint and then retinting the front door windows at 35% (darkest by Mo state law). The tint has small gouges that can only seen when looking for them but it's bugging me so it needs to be fixed. I want it darker, though, for sure! We cannot tint the windshield in Mo :whymewhyme:

FAT SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know the laws in other states but in Florida there is a form that is called the Sunscreen Forum that you can fill out and send in and basically its says you have a eye condition and you get photo/light induced migraines which permits you to have illegal tint. All you do is fill out the form and have a doctor sign off on it and your good to go. I've been stopped numerous times and just hand them that form and good to go. :)

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most states allow medical exceptions. designed for real medical exeptions but tons of people abuse that and just make things up so they can look "cool" . same thing about seat belts, physicians notes can be used to get out of a seat belt ticket. those are abused too. mainly by people who think the laws shouldnt apply to them. but thats another thread altogether.

oh and the subject line bugs me badly. i hate it when people call window tint "tints" as if its plural.

oh and i know of no state that allows windshield tinting just FYI. most of the tint discussed here is illegal but thats what people wanna do so let em do it. its their ticket. :)

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most states allow medical exceptions. designed for real medical exeptions but tons of people abuse that and just make things up so they can look "cool" . same thing about seat belts, physicians notes can be used to get out of a seat belt ticket. those are abused too. mainly by people who think the laws shouldnt apply to them. but thats another thread altogether.

oh and the subject line bugs me badly. i hate it when people call window tint "tints" as if its plural.

oh and i know of no state that allows windshield tinting just FYI. most of the tint discussed here is illegal but thats what people wanna do so let em do it. its their ticket. :)

well somebody is feeling grumpy today.:)

OP
OP
C

calderb123

Reaction score
i have 15% all around and 35% on my windshield and have been pulled over a few times for other reasons and not had the tints mentioned once, i think it depends on the town you live in as well as how you treat the officer. I live in a very low crime rate town and am always extremely polite to officers, so theyre normally laid back. Ive even gotten a few compliments on the Tahoe!

qrt

Reaction score
F*** tickets!I had plenty, and most likely get plenty more. m7wfwo.jpg
35% on windsheild
5% on the rest (sides and backglass)

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5% all around, windshield clear for now

Let's see some pics of 35% windshield with 5% sides. I wasn't sure what to go with on the front, 50% or 35% thinking with 5% sides it'd look noticeable

qrt

Reaction score
5% all around, windshield clear for now

Let's see some pics of 35% windshield with 5% sides. I wasn't sure what to go with on the front, 50% or 35% thinking with 5% sides it'd look noticeable

ifrczc.jpg
this is 5% on the sides and back glass.
35% on windshield.
5% (13 inch) eyebrowl ontop of windsheild tint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76

Latest posts