time to upgrade the lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, like it says I am looking to upgrade the lighting on the tahoe. The headlights and front turn signals are really fogged and almost yellow. I have seen new crystal headlight casings. I have also heard that some tend to leak and get water in them. Who's got some good ideas and or pictures for me? Trying not to break the bank either.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
best ones out there for the headlights are the TYC HID kit like the ones i picked up. 992door and RT have/ had them and mine are just F-in amazing. mine were $225 shipped after negotiating with the "best offer" thing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400040757050

my turn housings are staying dry and fit perfectly. picked them up outa the LMC catalog for less than $50.

(top section bottom right)
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=64

I had those headlights on my 99 suburban and loved them. I wish there was somthing out there for my silverado. As the Street legel TYC hids are AMAZING. Just like stock HIDS.

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How hard is the install, are they a direct replacement or does it require some wiring changes?

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Got the TYC HID headlights also, great lights. I'll be switching out the bulb to a higher kelvin though, or completely upgrade it to a 55W 8000K kit.

Bumper lights I also got off of ebay for $33 shipped.

0401091549-00.jpg

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They look great. That is exactly the look i am after. Replacement bulbs easy to get?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879