Tie rod ends

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kat Killa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just brought the 01 Yukon (4x4, no autoride) back from the alignment shop where they wanted $400 to replace the inner tie rod ends. Sounds like a screw job in the making. How hard is this to do? I've done tie rod ends before but not on this one. :emotions122:

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

DUH! Wrong place!

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did one of the outer ends on my '96 without even taking the wheel off - drove it up on ramps, popped out the end, threaded the new one in and greased up the new one after tightening the nut down and installing the cotter pin. Total time - under 45 minutes.

Granted, i didn't need the specific tools, but you can rent them (or borrow) from Advanced Auto or AutoZone, parts are cheap enough - the tie rod end was under $25.

Whippled2dr

Stock
Reaction score
When i did my tie-rods a while back they popped right out. They came out a lot easier than the idler arm. I used a pickle fork attachment for my air hammer and it was a breeze.

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
^ x2 w/ an air hammer popping them out, takes only seconds. and the install is nearly just as easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10