Ticking noise from bottom need help to figure out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sunny

Reaction score
Hi guys so this ticking noise started couple of weeks ago, I read a lot online people facing the same issue but cannot come to fix , as some people says its lifters , oil pump . noise is mild come from bottom between front wheel.

so I thoughts lets give a shot with engine flush before oil change, flushed and changed the oil and filter 5w30 . and today morning I started the truck and no ticking noise I was so happy the problem is fixed .
1st time after changing I drove the truck near by and I saw a little change in oil pressure as before I had oil pressure little above 20psi on idle and oil pressure jumped to 38psi on idle after giving flush .

then today evening I took it on highway and guess what I saw oil pressure went back to 20 to 25 psi as I came to stop on a light, I came back home and I started hearing the ticking noise .

plzz guys help me I don't know shld I take to my mechanic or dealer thanks .

OP
OP
Sunny

Sunny

Reaction score
This is what a few damaged lifters sound like.

No i dont have noise in front as i can hear from ur vdo , i can hear it either driver fender or i have to lean under driver side door or passenger side door to get clear sound .
Let me see if i can make a sound vdo as well if tht makes easy . Thanks for the reply .

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And that 25psi is normal. When hot both my envoy Denali and 2007 Yukon Denali have the same oil pressure. Sometimes even go down to 19psi. I drive to Texas weekly and have been driving with that oil pressure at hot idle for three years now. Envoy Denali has 188k with major oil leaks and 07 Yukon Denali with 114k no oil leaks

OP
OP
Sunny

Sunny

Reaction score
Sounds normal to me

so u mean engine sounds normal ? tht tick is only from bottom if I open hood I don't hear . I took it to my mechanic he said these engines have tht kinda sound .