Those with LED tails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
BTW titanium02, your tail lights are PERFECT for that color and body style. We have a white 02, I might look into getting some LED's for it after a while. Thanks for your pics.

Np bro :) Thanks for the compliments.

Anyone have any issues with buying LED tail lights then having them blink fast?? I have bought two sets of tail lights now both have done the same thing changed resistors etc and never solved the problem!

Mine blink fast, but I perfer it. LED's turn on and off instantly.. so I think it's safer when they blink fast. Get's driver's attention that you are changing lanes. I love mine. Never thought they would color match so well..

Last edited:

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll get the link to the auction when I'm back at my other computer...

But yes, you should be buying a set that already has the resistors with them. They are wired via a clip-in harness to the lights (so, if a resistor is bad, you should be able to clip a new one in). I would NOT purchase lights that don't come with resistors.

My fast-blinking light was NOT the result of a bad resistor. There was something wrong within the light housing/wiring/bulbs/WHATEVER that made it so it simply kept blinking too quickly. Therefore, I sent the light back for a new one. I crossed my fingers, and that new one works great.

If you light blinks too quickly, and you've ruled out that it could be a resistor problem (by hooking up one that you know works on another light), then the light has a problem. Insist on a new one. If BOTH lights don't work, then you either got two bad ones, or there's something wrong with your stock wiring. (The latter is doubtful, especially if your stock lights work).

My local aftermarket guy says that he alway orders two sets of the same thing for customers, 'cause there always seems to be a problem with one of the lights. So, the problem with these aftermarket LEDs can be rampant.

There is NO REASON to have lights that blink too quickly. You mirror signal and your dash indicator will ALSO blink too quickly, and that would be annoying at best. Absolutely no reason to put up with that.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

/< / /2 /<

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
That answered my question really well, thanks! I guess I'll be buying a set pretty soon.

I've had weird light problems before though, I don't know if this is true to every Tahoe or not...but when I swap between Denali and Tahoe tails, a bulb always seems to burn out within the first 5 minutes of having the newly installed set on. Never a reverse bulb, but the ones for turn/stop. But that shouldn't be a problem when I replace them with the LED's, since they don't use the same type of bulbs.

I can't wait until I order them! And I agree with titanium02 partly, the rapid blinking may even be better as to getting attention in traffic. But I don't know if I can stand the rapid ticking of the turn signal when I'm waiting in traffic with my signal on.

So KMeloney, when the tails are on, do the array of LED's form a straight line, or do they curve slightly like on the Escalades?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So KMeloney, when the tails are on, do the array of LED's form a straight line, or do they curve slightly like on the Escalades?

LOL They curve like the Esky ones -- it's just that there are three rows of them as opposed to one or two.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's where I got mine (at the same price):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-0...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_5256wt_1167

Whereas I had a problem with the left light working, they first sent me new resistors, and then sent a new light (upon me sending mine back). I felt initially like I had to jump through some hoops, but that's really only because they were answering my emails in the middle of [my] night, which seemed like an eternity. But, again, they made everything right, and WERE helpful. So, no complaints.

...And why pay twice as much for the same lights?

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
And I agree with titanium02 partly, the rapid blinking may even be better as to getting attention in traffic. But I don't know if I can stand the rapid ticking of the turn signal when I'm waiting in traffic with my signal on.

You don't drive everywhere listening to music? I can't pull out of the parking lot without something playing. Can't hear the blinker anyways :)

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
You don't drive everywhere listening to music? I can't pull out of the parking lot without something playing. Can't hear the blinker anyways :)

Hahah actually I do! I guess I wasn't thinking that when I posted it. I definitely can't hear my blinker when I'm driving. Still though I would probably want the slower blink.

And thanks for the info and link Kmeloney, I'll be ordering a set soon. Thanks everyone for the realllyyyyy helpful posts and pictures.

FL_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just installed new Red G4's on my black 2009 Yukon SLT and they DO look sweet! Sadly after only one day the left driver's side light now has a rapid blink BUT it only occurs once I applied pressure to the brake pedal. It otherwise blinks fine up until then.. I checked wiring but I am pretty sure the extra electrical demand is revealing that the resistor(s) that came with the light are not up to *****. I purchased the lights on eBay from Revotec and I have requested a replacement light. I will let you all know how this all turns out.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wish there was a way to modify the wiring so they don't alternate with the mirrors when you apply pressure to the brakes (with turn signal on). These tail lights would be PERFECT then.

FL_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wish there was a way to modify the wiring so they don't alternate with the mirrors when you apply pressure to the brakes (with turn signal on). These tail lights would be PERFECT then.

Yea I noticed that but it doesn't really bug me. What is interesting is that when the rapid blinking occurs both the tail and the mirror arrow are in sync! The right side does start to alternate with the brake applied so I at least know the focus is totally on the left light.

Side note, the eBay store did make contact today and they asked about other modifications including headlights. Not sure how that might cause a problem with the tails but I told them about my new CCFL Halo Projector fronts lights. Since I bought both sets of lights from them it will be interesting to see how they respond next!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo

Latest posts