Those with LED tails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know I've had multiple LED tail threads, but it's getting closer and closer to when I'll be able to get them! I really want to get red ones to make it look like the Escalade LED's, or I might go with black. Clear isn't my style really but they still look great. I'd consider them if they were completely silver on the inside and had no red reflectives.

I want to see yours while they're running/turned on. This way I can compare them to the way the Escalade tails look when they're being used. Basically I want them to be as close as possible, and I want proof.

If you also want to recommend yours, go ahead and list some brands. I have been thinking about going with jazejeff's LED's.

Thanks

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out my thread here:

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3873&highlight=too+bright

I'd say that mine (which are the same as JJ's Gen 3) are as close to the Esky ones as you'll get at the moment, but they ARE NOT exactly as you're hoping to find. There are no lights, save for the actual Esky ones, that light as you want. Mine light all three rows all of the time, and then light much brighter (all three rows, still) with the application of the brake.

For me, the Gen 3 lights are better in some ways anyway. They're plug and play (10 minute install, MAX), they're much cheaper, and the shape follows the contours of the appliques.

I think you're looking for something that doesn't exist at the moment. You'll have to determine which design aspects are most important to you, knowing that you can't have them all unless you get the OEM Eskys.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love yours, they're exactly what I want. By the way your Tahoe looks amazing, it is also exactly what I want mine to look like! I have everything but those tails and side chrome moldings. I have the upper chrome mirror caps, but that's fine with me because I'm getting that black plastic on the lower part/mirror surround painted to match my car.

Where did you buy yours from? I see some on eBay for $153 labeled G3 but I don't want to end up buying the wrong ones.

Last edited:

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
33215020042_large.jpg

33215020041_large.jpg

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love yours, they're exactly what I want. By the way your Tahoe looks amazing, it is also exactly what I want mine to look like!

Oh! Well, thanks! LOL

I got mine off eBay, actually. And unless someone can prove the difference to me, I think all of the ones that LOOK the same ARE the same. Given this, I went with some that were relatively cheap. They were/are exactly what I wanted, but I DID have to send one of them back because it would blink quickly (even though the resistor proved to be good). Now, I thought this one didn't work maybe BECAUSE I went the cheaper route -- but, I also remember reading on the old forum where the same light of a reputable vendor didn't work properly out of the box. So, bottom line (for me) is, these things are NOT made by NASA engineers, and so you may get a crapper at first. If you do, you just want to be able to be sure that you can return it for a working one. When you do, I think you'll like the lights.

Let me know if you need anymore info. And thanks for the nice words!

/< / /2 /<

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hm. So say I bought the same kit you did, is that all I would need to buy? Or would I need to find some load resistors, and if so, where are those, and how do you install them?

If I install without the load resistors, from what I understand, then will they blink rapidly? Or not work at all?

And no problem. I really do think mine will end up looking very similar to yours, we sort of have the same view on modding; I don't like aftermarket looks. I'll be buying the red LED lights for the same exact reason you did, to match Escalade stock. When my Hoe is finished, it'll probably look exactly like yours, minus the lower-chrome mirrors, and the rear bowtie is chrome instead of gold. Your Hoe would be one I'd be very very jealous of if I saw it on the road!

BTW titanium02, your tail lights are PERFECT for that color and body style. We have a white 02, I might look into getting some LED's for it after a while. Thanks for your pics.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Oh and KMeloney, are the tail lights dim when they're running at night? Or are they super bright like in the pictures? I like how when the Esky ones aren't being used, at night, they're a lot dimmer and I was wondering if these do the same.

GMCGoddess

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have any issues with buying LED tail lights then having them blink fast?? I have bought two sets of tail lights now both have done the same thing changed resistors etc and never solved the problem!

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
KMeloney did if you would have read the post up there.

GMCGoddess

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh! Well, thanks! LOL

I got mine off eBay, actually. And unless someone can prove the difference to me, I think all of the ones that LOOK the same ARE the same. Given this, I went with some that were relatively cheap. They were/are exactly what I wanted, but I DID have to send one of them back because it would blink quickly (even though the resistor proved to be good). Now, I thought this one didn't work maybe BECAUSE I went the cheaper route -- but, I also remember reading on the old forum where the same light of a reputable vendor didn't work properly out of the box. So, bottom line (for me) is, these things are NOT made by NASA engineers, and so you may get a crapper at first. If you do, you just want to be able to be sure that you can return it for a working one. When you do, I think you'll like the lights.

Let me know if you need anymore info. And thanks for the nice words!

/< / /2 /<

what seller from ebay did you buy yours from?

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lights are all the same....a bunch of different companies order them in bulk...thats why theres so many different companies on Ebay selling them and for different prices...I got mine for around $100 for the set...mine work perfect outta the box

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts